Mark Thompson in trouble

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Players once again breaking into tow company lots??? Yes!!!! We're on our way back baby!!!!

Look for a 21 point Gator victory against Iowa. I've got some Ox bucks to bet!

Last edited:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You know in Tuscaloosa, Auburn, and Tallahassee this would never been a crime for a football player. Only in Gainesville do the police seem to have it out for the football team. I just don't get it, is the police force full of Nole and Bulldog fans? At least it was Thompson and not Callaway or someone important.

Bingo...!.... There is a police academy at TCC and a huge bunch of their grads take jobs with GPD.....bastids!

GPD chief doesn't give a shiit...

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cut him loose. He didn't live up to his own hype anyways

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Slipped through a gap in the fence, that's the first thing he slipped through all year he certainly didn't slip through any opposing defenses. I wonder if he fumbled his car keys on the way in.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Towing people's cars is probably the only way to control illegal parking in Gainesville. We had a friend's car get towed at our apartment once and they let us have it back for free. If it is just a misunderstanding, they will work with you. If you truly park in an illegal spot, you are out $100 (or maybe more nowadays, I don't know). Everyone who lives in Gainesville should know this. The coaches should make sure the athletes know. I'm sure some of them feel entitled to park anywhere they want, but that doesn't work in Gainesville.

I wonder why they don't build some new large parking garages on or around campus. They could certainly collect enough fees to pay for them. A parking pass on campus is ridiculous, or at least it used to be. I guess they just want people to ride bicycles, which they mostly do.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I got my truck towed outside of Richenbacher's one night in the mid-90s - we were not parked illegally, but still got towed. We took a cab to the tow lot and I proceeded to let the guy behind the counter know they towed a legally parked vehicle - I was not happy. He said I needed to prove where I was parked (and that it was a legal spot) or pay the $80 to get my truck back. I was pretty steaming hot, but the cab had already left and I had no way of providing proof - plus I was pretty drunk at that point. I paid the man, and then his daughter, who was probably about 10 years old (this was around 1:30AM mind you), came out from the back and asked if I wanted a puppy (she was holding a black lab mix that looked like it had just been weened). She said they had 3 more and were trying to give them up to a good home. I already had 2 dogs, so I went outside and told my buddy, who was outside smoking :bandit:, and he went in and we ended up taking the dog back to his house, after stopping off at Publix for some puppy chow. Great dog that lived for 10+ years - he's now buried out in Sequim, WA near the Dungeness River - hopefully he's chasing squirrels in the forests of dog heaven.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I got my truck towed outside of Richenbacher's one night in the mid-90s - we were not parked illegally, but still got towed. We took a cab to the tow lot and I proceeded to let the guy behind the counter know they towed a legally parked vehicle - I was not happy. He said I needed to prove where I was parked (and that it was a legal spot) or pay the $80 to get my truck back. I was pretty steaming hot, but the cab had already left and I had no way of providing proof - plus I was pretty drunk at that point. I paid the man, and then his daughter, who was probably about 10 years old (this was around 1:30AM mind you), came out from the back and asked if I wanted a puppy (she was holding a black lab mix that looked like it had just been weened). She said they had 3 more and were trying to give them up to a good home. I already had 2 dogs, so I went outside and told my buddy, who was outside smoking :bandit:, and he went in and we ended up taking the dog back to his house, after stopping off at Publix for some puppy chow. Great dog that lived for 10+ years - he's now buried out in Sequim, WA near the Dungeness River - hopefully he's chasing squirrels in the forests of dog heaven.
So you drove home drunk and stoned?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: At least you had a car and not a motorcycle like me. Trust me it sucks when you remember to stop at the light but forget to put your feet down.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Good story (about the dog).

The part of this I don't like is they ask YOU to prove you were parked legally. THEY should have to prove you were parked illegally, that's the problem.

I imagine nowadays they can take pictures w/ a digital camera, but in the 90's that wasn't possible. I got towed in G-ville in the mid-90's from my apartment complex. I complained to the office manager and she basically said I was screwed (I'm sure they were getting a kick-back). I called her an uneducated, white-trash, c*nt and later got a certified letter saying I was not allowed to go into the management office! :D

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good story (about the dog).

The part of this I don't like is they ask YOU to prove you were parked legally. THEY should have to prove you were parked illegally, that's the problem.

I imagine nowadays they can take pictures w/ a digital camera, but in the 90's that wasn't possible. I got towed in G-ville in the mid-90's from my apartment complex. I complained to the office manager and she basically said I was screwed (I'm sure they were getting a kick-back). I called her an uneducated, white-trash, c*nt and later got a certified letter saying I was not allowed to go into the management office! :D
Yeah, the proof thing was BS and still would be today. When you go out now, do you take a picture of where you park to prove it's legal? :gah:
$80 was a pretty big deal to me back then, even though I had already graduated and was working for a consulting firm in town. But getting the dog for my best friend made it all worth it in the long run.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Double fck towing operators. We got towed after the Swindle in the Swamp game parking where we normally park. Good luck finding a cab after a game - we had to walk it. Had to first figure where they were and oh yeah they only take cash so find an ATM that's on the way of your however many mile walk. Finally get there and find a mob of people all in the same boat. They hand me the keys and tell me to go find my car. How 'bout fck you and you tell me where the hell you parked it. Fck em all with a red hot poker.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
An earlier ufgator812 mobile was also towed in Gainesville after/during a night of debauchery. One pair of borrowed bolt cutters later, I was back in the saddle.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure some of the tow operators paid kickbacks to people (property managers etc) who called to tow vehicles. Everyone seems to have a story or two about someone they know getting their car towed illegally. I suspect both managers and tow operators were guilty.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Ok here is my towing story. I began going on campus in the early 70s. UPD would give out these cute little tickets you could throw away,............never had a problem. Then when I worked on campus (with my campus van) I could park that baby ANYWHERE..sidewalks, the grass, right by doors on the grass..............it was great. We used to drive RIGHT up to the doors of the Rat and have breakfast each day before our deliveries. Fast forward a few years, My wife totals our car on main (but she was fine) and Shannon Towing took it to his junkyard in east Gville. He was a @($^&@*@ CROOK big time, He towed it about 6 pm and I was there by 8 the next morning. He wanted to days storage fees. And probably charged a fortune for the tow. I told that mofo I wasnt paying for two days as it was there only 14 hours.............and "storage" meant it sat out front unsecured all night. Gville is certainly unfriendly on game days to people that need to park. But they know it is a cash cow and those fans are coming and parking no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator