Marquand Manuel

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I love Marquand, always was one of my favorite players, especially after that multi-sack night against TN.

I did not realize he was climbing the coaching ranks so well. That's great!

I do not want him as HBC. As others have stated, we need someone with successful experience in that position, not someone making the jump from a coordinator position. Also, I'll agree with others, we need someone with offense.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

Take a lap:
  1. For not knowing one of our best safeties in the last 25 years
  2. For not using the Star Lord "Who?" gif, granted you'd infringe on my gag, but still
  3. If you're joking, take a lap anyway, it was a bad joke

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Take a lap:
  2. For not using the Star Lord "Who?" gif, granted you'd infringe on my gag, but still
  3. If you're joking, take a lap anyway, it was a bad
I'm sending you back to swamp gas :suspect2:

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I'm sending you back to swamp gas :suspect2:

giphy.gif

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Take a lap:
  3. If you're joking, take a lap anyway, it was a bad joke

Reggie Nelson tops that list (easily) but we’ve had a lot of good safeties over that quarter century. Lawrence Wright, Matt Elam, Major Harris, Ahmad Black...

M&M was no Guss Scott but he’s not top 5 either.

Alex.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Reggie Nelson tops that list (easily) but we’ve had a lot of good safeties over that quarter century. Lawrence Wright, Matt Elam, Major Harris, Ahmad Black...

M&M was no Guss Scott but he’s not top 5 either.

Alex.

I'd agree on not being top 5. But I would say that he's better than a good portion of safeties. I don't know if I put Nelson at the top, but he's top 5. IMO it's more of a longevity of productivity at that level for us. I don't remember him being as big in '05 as in '06, but I'm open to being wrong on that. 2005 is one of the biggest blurs for me. I didn't see all or only parts of a few games because I was playing basketball for a small school

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
2005 is one of the biggest blurs for me. I didn't see all or only parts of a few games because I was playing basketball for a small school

I’m assuming you’re referring to RFN at this point. Apparently, playing basketball forced you to miss A TON. There’s a reason he was called “The Eraser.” He’s easily Top 5 with Oliver, Williams, Lawrence Wright... too early in the morning to think about who #5 would be... maybe Major Wright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator