Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I mean he didn't say anything that we all haven't been thinking since last year. Writers finally understanding

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not a good look at all and the real meltdown will start after consecutive losses in the Swamp if A&M comes in and beats us. It is a joke in modern college football we are only getting that number of plays off for the game and can't even speed things up hardly when time is an issue at the end of games. He needs to coach Franks up if that is the issue with the plays taking so long.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Sad but true commentary, and I honestly don't see an end in sight to this mediocrity. Very very sad days.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Notice they didn't call for firing anyone. This guy isn't, Dooley isn't, Gator Breakdown isn't, etc. They'll criticize the offense, the play count, the energy, etc., but they are afraid to say what needs to be said, "This staff needs to go!"

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
Not a good look at all and the real meltdown will start after consecutive losses in the Swamp if A&M comes in and beats us. It is a joke in modern college football we are only getting that number of plays off for the game and can't even speed things up hardly when time is an issue at the end of games. He needs to coach Franks up if that is the issue with the plays taking so long.

As much as I'd love to believe it, after what I have seen this season using "if" instead of "when" in describing A&M beating us this weekend is a supreme excercise in futility. If we stay within 20 points of them I'll be shocked. I think we see a basic replay of the Arky game last year. The only real question remaining this season for me is how wiling is Mac to risk his job by letting Nuss and Nord keep theirs?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As bad as the offense has been, this stands out to me...

"...a third straight game of no turnovers from the defense, a tough avenue to victory."

If the offense can't provide the juice, the D's got to get some take-aways. Truthfully, we should've had at least one Saturday, but the reality is that we are a combination of either timid or out of control too often on D. Throw in confused and that side of the ball can't be as dynamic as is so desperately needed. Special Teams certainly isn't a game changer. The word "moribund" was used in description. Unfortunately accurate from either a seat in the stands, a bar stool, or the recliner at home.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't it funny that McElwain signature win LSU 2016 and signature lost LSU 2017 have both been against a Coach is a freaking joke.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
can't even speed things up hardly when time is an issue at the end of games.

who hear really expected the staff to do more with 4+ minutes on the clock except to try and milk it, get'n Eddy into field goal range to win it in the last few seconds? I sure as heck didn't.

a competent staff would have marched down the field making the 2 point conversion and forcing them beat us.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
... at the crossroads and the sign-marker says Mac is being rode cross. UF is in a desperate time-position, calling for unusual preparations & actions by the AD. Be nice if, on the Q.T., Spurrier wrote a thickish manual on what he would do as HC/OC to ressurrect his UF program to threaten the Top-10 each year.

Stricklin should read, re-read with highlighting. From the Spurrier Manual, Stricklin compile HC traits needed. That would be his tenplate for our new HC-hire. Then research all CFB coaches,
and not just HC coaches. That locked drawer with the Manual should rapidly fill up with valid candidates because one year, one more agonizing year, will pass fast. And we know worthy coaches have their locked drawer filling up with inquiries + offers. Hell, I'll take a verbal commit

As many have said, Mac's in over his head and now he has put brand new Stricklin in over his head. We surely could use a UF Ambassador asap.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
it's time for Mac to be...

giphy.gif

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Sums it up. Stupor, lifeless sucks the energy out.....as well as many of our wins not seeming like wins. His line about the gators playing poor fundamental football everywhere is right on. As to the fans, they previously had their energy sucked out so.....

His article really screams fire the coaches without actually saying it. I can't remember who posted from CSU, that the admin there felt like he was a used car salesman and was glad to get rid of him. We got a Yugo and we wanted a F350

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The reason the writers and most so-called "pumpers" are just now seeing it is simple: the excuses have run out.

EVERYONE sees it. It's a Charlie Fox-trot! The whole thing: coaching, attention to detail, discipline, recruiting, you name it.

And what still bothers me is the "well Mac is safe, but Nuss has to go" - the "I'm a pumper and that means I put the COACH above THE PROGRAM!" Those who will defend the sh*tty head coach, we saw it w/ Zook, Muschamp, and now McElwain. Why do you put a failed (he's not "failing"....he's already failed)...why do you put the failed coach above the entire program?

This article is simply clinging to hope. Even if we pull off a few unexpected, yet ugly, wins the writing is on the wall. The Jim McElwain experiment needs to end now.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that Mac's future and the football program as a whole is beyond a crossroads. This program and coaching staff is currently a:trainwreck:.

That said, I think this particular season is at a crossroads for whether or not we will make it to a bowl game. I don't think we win 6 games if we lose Saturday. Even though our Nov schedule is the easiest it's ever been, this team will have nothing to play for and the coaches will have completely lost the team. The leadership of this staff is beyond pathetic.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I agree that Mac's future and the football program as a whole is beyond a crossroads. This program and coaching staff is currently a:trainwreck:.

That said, I think this particular season is at a crossroads for whether or not we will make it to a bowl game. I don't think we win 6 games if we lose Saturday. Even though our Nov schedule is the easiest it's ever been, this team will have nothing to play for and the coaches will have completely lost the team. The leadership of this staff is beyond pathetic.
This...we'll probably still win 6 games....oh not because were that good as much as some others are as bad or worse....Wouldn't it be ironic if USCe and Muschamp put the nail in Butters coffin? I mean what are the odds that 2 former UF coaches coaching at the same school send the current one packing....More realistic though will be another offensive shutout at the hands of FSU at home to end the year....That can't fly.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like Shane Matthews went off about the offense under Mac some saying even Grier only really had 2 good quarters in it (4th Q Tenn and 1st Q Ole Miss) before he left. He was taking a shot at Mac and Nuss with that comment I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator