Mel Kiper ranks four Gators Top 10 at their position

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the safety from Alabama was pretty good? Did we take him to entice mack Wilson?

I think that was one reason. Plus we're really trying to entrench ourselves in Alabama for elite talent. But then again, I just don't know much about Alabama DBs. I can tell you that the majority of Bama's elite delete DBs don't come from their state.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Plus we're really trying to entrench ourselves in Alabama for elite talent.
I like this... make saban work a little more and maybe pluck a few from his backyard. I'm not sure on position breakdown but I do know a lot of homegrown talent makes up bama and barns rosters year in and year out. If they are always plucking ours, we need to try and do the same!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Plus we're really trying to entrench ourselves in Alabama for elite talent. But then again, I just don't know much about Alabama DBs. I can tell you that the majority of Bama's elite delete DBs don't come from their state.

I like this... make saban work a little more and maybe pluck a few from his backyard.

It's all a head-fake by JMac. He wants to fool Satan into believing his Bammer talent is "that good" so he'll focus on home, while we nab all the real talent out of Florida.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
so i looked at our recruiting class thus far and all i see is 2 offensive lineman :fear:

The good news is I know Mac isnt looking at the current list and thinking we are now solid there :lol:
Hoping to see some more big uglies on there soon!

This is a bad, bad, bad year for OL. The state of Florida usually has multiple elite players at OL. But not the case this year. We will pull in around four of them but none will probably be elite. Maybe Tatum if we can bring him on board. Most of these guys will just be grinders.

2017 is stocked at this position in Florida. We're in great shape with multiple elite O-Lineman for next year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, there's nothing wrong with bringing on grinders for the line. That position gets the most beat up of any position. The more the merrier.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
k3laq1q.png

I'll give the guy credit, he makes a lot of money by basically doing a glorified guessing game. Great gig if you can get it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We're also looking to bring a juco linemen in.

I remember that we were looking at one from the Midwest. But I think he chose someone else. We were thinking that he would replace the recent OL decommitment.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I remember that we were looking at one from the Midwest. But I think he chose someone else. We were thinking that he would replace the recent OL decommitment.
He did, i can't remember the guys name though. But last I checked the staff had already targeted two more and were looking to get one of em.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Did you see the sec network show with Mac pointing out how Bullard maintained lane integrity when he could have padded his stats? He will go early in the draft.
I've seen Bullard, as a 3 technique, chase down running backs in the backfield from behind like they were standing still. I've seen him make tackles on tight ends after the catch 10 yards upfield. AS A 3 TECHNIQUE. So if someone really wants to say he's only the 6th best defensive lineman in the country, then they can feel free to keep smoking that sh*t.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NEXT year?

You think it's bad this year? Wait till next year when we only have Dawson on the roster who can play safety. And he's technically a CB. If he plays any safety position it's going to have to be SS. Who are we going to have at FS?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Id be happy with anyone who managed to behind the other team's receivers instead of biting on every fake bc they are trying to get a big hit (with no wrapup).

You know all those terrible WRs we have? Find out which ones can tackle and cover. They move to DB. The other half get cut and can go to Latech or Alabama State.

Think about Chris Thompson at safety. As it is, he barely gets two roughing the kicker penalties per game. He could get a chance at six or more personal fouls if he plays some safety, too.

Last edited:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Id be happy with anyone who managed to behind the other team's receivers instead of biting on every fake bc they are trying to get a big hit (with no wrapup).

You know all those terrible WRs we have? Find out which ones can tackle and cover. They move to DB. The other half get cut and can go to Latech or Alabama State.

Think about Chris Thompson at safety. As it is, he barely gets two roughing the kicker penalties per game. He could get a chance at six or more personal fouls if he plays some safety, too.

His specialty is halo violations

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, I forgot about those.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
k3laq1q.png

I'll give the guy credit, he makes a lot of money by basically doing a glorified guessing game. Great gig if you can get it.[/QUO

No S#!T it is like being a weather man for the Summers in Florida....today's high in the high 80's to mid 90's with a 50% chance of rain. SMH

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.