Memories of this game

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
My first was when sos and the boys (undefeated way back then) had them 10-0 at half and uga beat them. This was the pivotal game in gator history. It drove SOS to destroy them when he became coach. Next real memory was being beaten to death in the rain when our coaches on off and def had been switched. Next was Terry Lecount and the guys had them 27-10 at the half (we were in the Holiday Inn bar at Archer Road watching on the old style big screen). We had our sugar bowl tix ordered. Suns of beaches came back and beat us like 42-27. Then I remember the lindsey scott sh#t. AT my grandmothers in Lakeland. My ex wife began to cry when they scored, She was a true gator. Then Kerwin to Ricky the rocket (from HS) hit that bomb to take them down. FF to the SOS glory years. I remember poor Quincy Carter being killed by our defense as we rolled them again. And SOS saying "Heey, has anyone dropped fifty on them in Athens? Lets go for it and the did it." I still have that shirt of the gator holding the puppy from betwen the hedges (wore it yesterday). I have seen some bizarre things by the river in that stadium (mostly the old one) Crazy women wanting to fight, ugly as hell red leather, a cop punching a dawg coed in the face, you name it. But the one thing you must never forget is
F the dawgs because gators hate dogs in fact they will eat them whenever they can. go to hell georgia.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately my real first memory of this game was that mess in 1980. I remember the 79 season a little but don't really remember the Georgia game that season .

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
My two favorites would be two Reaves to Alvarez TD passes in the 4th quarter to win in 1970. My Bulldog father said multiple times on the drive back to Lakeland "you would have thought somebody would have covered him late in the game". Bell to Nattiel from the UF 3 yard line for 97 yard TD in '84.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
1984 - My first time at the game, the goal line stand in the third quarter. Then after stopping them on 4th down, Bell hits Nattiel on a 96 yard bomb.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Gator87 said:
1984 - My first time at the game, the goal line stand in the third quarter. Then after stopping them on 4th down, Bell hits Nattiel on a 96 yard bomb.

This is the 1st game my dad took me to, I was 5 and all I remember is the people in front of us stood up the whole time and I could not see most of the game. At least we won.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Nice post, PE.

Favorites for me are '93 timeout. '94 I was on the sidelines at BHG, almost run over by Kevin Carter on an out of bounds play. Hambrick's return was one of the best plays in this series.

'02 may be my favorite game. Had a '97 fsu feel to it due to the circumstances.

Loved the '08 raping.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well if we eventually win this game today we will remember that it was the day that Champ turned things around and perhaps saved his job. Let's not go into a shell and let the D win it.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
soflagator;n95689 said:
Nice post, PE.

Favorites for me are '93 timeout. '94 I was on the sidelines at BHG, almost run over by Kevin Carter on an out of bounds play. Hambrick's return was one of the best plays in this series.

'02 may be my favorite game. Had a '97 fsu feel to it due to the circumstances.

Loved the '08 raping.
OMG I forgot about Hambricks return. It was amazing. I remember they had the great QB then but we wore em out at home, Now after today we all have another great memory of this game. Instead of being them dogging us our team beat their azzes good. Another classic. Funny thing this was as if Dooley was on our sideline and Dickey was on theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator