Mick Hubert to Retire

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
Cordoza sucks. He should stick to baseball. Bates has been my pick to take over for Mick 15 years ago. Mick's needed to retire for awhile. I guess we are getting Travis McGriff and Taint Casey?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bates would be a great addition and fun to listen to. Not to mention drown out Beth Mowins when she's calling a game.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
Call Mick a homer if you will, but he loved the Gators. I will miss him. When Otis retired I thought nobody could come close. Mick did a great job through many years of the best football the Gators have given us. God Speed Mick, and Go Gators!

SECund2nun

Oct 13, 2018
I was never a big Mic fan but over time I got used to him and he became comfortable. I would like to see Batesy get the job but I doubt UF would make that happen.

My concern is that the same people that have botched most of the hires in the last decade are the same people making this decision.

Given the progressive culture at UF, I expect now to be a good time for the first foreign, female voice of a major athletics program.
Don’t laugh, this is UF I’m talking about.

The replacement will be an obese non-binary homosexual "undocumented" immigrant biological black female Muslim transgendered "person" of one of the other 57 genders that speaks no English aka the Holy trinity that checks all of the SJW check marks. Any fan that refuses to learn this foreign language to understand what is being said by it during the games will be publicly denounced by the University as a racist sexist Xenophobic cisgendered literally Hitler after each quarter.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
No major complaints about Mick. He was a bit cheeseball, but that was part of the charm. His genuine enthusiasm was evident and I think I would sound just as goofy if I had the privilege to call Gator games for a living. Some iconic moments that made me laugh at Mick's reaction just as much as I enjoyed the big play he was calling. Congrats on a great Gator career, Mick!!!

Add me to the "hire Batesy" campaign.

Hurrig8r

Nov 18, 2017
gettyimages-1651844635.jpg

Micks Replacement...
-Should be available soon
-Fits UF Administration Woke Agenda
-Can use the experience of painting this Presidents failures as successes to sugarcoat 4-8 records on the field as the best improvement in history
-Will be excellent at blaming our failures on the sporting fields and venues as Spurrier's fault for setting the expectations too high and not sharing the victories with the common programs in the conference. Hence, no longer being a win supremist.
-The indoctrinated students will lover her. Professors have been setting the stage there for years

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
This list has the 2018 meh season LSU game call for "this place is an insane asylum"

Totally wrong and this has to be in the top 5 Mick calls ever -

Enjoy the calls of the greatest game ever played in the Swamp, including that famous call for the first time.

upload_2022-5-20_8-35-29.png

:sadnanner:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I assume that this will not be a popular view but I always felt that David Steele was better than Mic Hubert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.