Mid-Spring Position Grades

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
OL no better, tight end worse, but all other positions better.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully somebody on the coaching staff will accept the responsibility to improve the pathetic play of the special teams,

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Good to see Appleby gaining confidence.

I can understand some struggles at RT, but what the hell is Sharpe doing at LT to be struggling with edge rushers?

With Trask getting more positive reviews, can someone check on Law? Make sure he is ok before he reads this. LOL

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't worry. Trash already has the Clipboard Holding Playbook down.

This isn't good news, especially coming from a Pumper like Goldkamp:

"Like last year, the line simply isn't generating much push off the ball to create space and running lanes. Until the line does that, it's hard to expect Florida's offense to take any major steps forward. And if the tackles can't figure out how to keep rushers from getting free shots at the quarterback, it could be a long year."

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Overall those grades suck in terms of the concept used to generate them imo

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think WR will be much better. I expect Callaway to return after spring practice. Cleveland could also be a difference maker.

The OL was missing Ivie, but I think they will be about a C to start the season and end up a B- or B at best.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well anyone recruited by Muschamp on the oline I have practically zero faith in. Ever.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think they will improve. Johnson and Ivie are young and raw. Not sure what Sharpe's issue is.
SHARPE is still young also. He should have redshirted two years ago and spent last year watching upperclassmen do their thing. He should just now be getting on to the depth chart and having a chance to earn some playing time this year, maybe start next year.

That's the way it should be around here. We aren't FAMU.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not sure where (or how) he's getting these "grades" considering he's probably watched about 1 hour of practice (literally). It seems like these are more guesses of how things are or are perceived - not reality (similar to living in Franz Beard's world).

I think WR will be much better. I expect Callaway to return after spring practice. Cleveland could also be a difference maker.

The OL was missing Ivie, but I think they will be about a C to start the season and end up a B- or B at best.

Agree on both (WR and OL). If the OL finishes better than F (like last year) I'll be happy....if they are a C or better I'll be very happy. Honestly, if they are the equivalent of a C+ (I suppose that would be about a 7 on a 1-10 scale) we should be in good shape. If that's the case we'll see better running game (better than KT's 3.2 ypc) and the QBs will at least have a little more time to prove themselves.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
:facepalm: I'm just not sure I can take another season of sh!tty offensive line play. I understand that this group probably requires more reps than any other position group on the team and I am hopeful that as the team gets into fall practices the players are able to coordinate as a better overall unit. As far as Sharpe goes I thought he did OK last year against the pass rush. Realistically with the speed rushers in todays game you're going to lose that battle a couple of times a game. What bothers me is someone of that size not being able to collapse the end of the line when run blocking. Not once have I seen him use his enormous size to do that....

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Not sure where (or how) he's getting these "grades" considering he's probably watched about 1 hour of practice (literally). It seems like these are more guesses of how things are or are perceived - not reality (similar to living in Franz Beard's world).

Agree on both (WR and OL). If the OL finishes better than F (like last year) I'll be happy....if they are a C or better I'll be very happy. Honestly, if they are the equivalent of a C+ (I suppose that would be about a 7 on a 1-10 scale) we should be in good shape. If that's the case we'll see better running game (better than KT's 3.2 ypc) and the QBs will at least have a little more time to prove themselves.

Right!!!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Any of us can make up a story in our head and it would be just as accurate as this Goldkamp account. He has basically only seen the team in shorts and shells going against air, so let's not all wet ourselves over Sharpe's alleged deficiencies, etc.

And I like Goldkamp, btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator