Mike "Big Dawg" Woods

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-football/mike-big-dawg-woods-dies/

I know this guy was a dawg, but he was a college football tradition for them, and hate a team or not, I always hate hearing of deaths like this. He was 65.

mikewoods.jpg

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seen him on tv for years. Always looked like his blood pressure was sky rocketing and he was about to have a coronary.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seen him on tv for years. Always looked like his blood pressure was sky rocketing and he was about to have a coronary.
That's pretty much what did him in - no surprise though as it's the likely demise for the majority of us, sooner or later.
Woods also underwent triple bypass surgery in 2015 after suffering a heart attack.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
[GIPHY="heart attack"]https://media0.giphy.com/media/vjGyYSsF765wc/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]
Perhaps, some of you/us should take note.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[GIPHY="heart attack"]https://media0.giphy.com/media/vjGyYSsF765wc/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]
Perhaps, some of you/us should take note.
No doubt. My brother had quadruple bypass at 52. I'm 52 now and saw the doc about my heart a couple of years ago after my brother's troubles. I've got some minor blockage (had electron-beam tomography (EBT) to diagnose) and had a history of high cholesterol from annual physicals (basically, I got bad genes). I've always been tall, thin and stayed active playing sports, riding bikes, etc. Now on Lipitor, aspirin and Omega-3, combined with low sugar/carb diet, for about a year and a half. Lost 20 pounds that I didn't even know I had and dropped cholesterol levels drastically. I'm basically 6'2" and 180 pounds of bone and gristle.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I really meant no disrespect to him. As you said, once we get to a certain age we better take care.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's what eating BBQ Pork everyday will do to you.... RIP

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I swear they showed him on the jumbotron at fla -ga game in jax, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I swear they showed him on the jumbotron at fla -ga game in jax, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct - I remember seeing him.
Or maybe it was the uga/buttchugger game?
They pretty much showed him at every uga game I think

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Comeon prolly half the UGA fans look like him-there were two on the end of the aisle behind me this year, both weighed at least 350, sunburned drunker than cooter brown and both passed out, one leaning one way, the other guy leaning the other out into the aisle leading down. When he finally came to, he started hollerin making all sorts of noise. It was hilarious.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.