Gator Basketball Mike White Contract Extended through 2025, over 3M per year

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Mixed feelings on this. I was still sort of in the wait and see camp on Coach White. Would have liked to see him recruit some more highly rated bigs this year before offering him an extension. Looks like this year is going to be a good one for us but I'm curious what the next couple after are going to look like.

I see we currently have 0 commits for the next class. Hoping that will change soon.

All good though. I know the way early contract extension is sort of the way things are done now so I'm okay with it. Fingers crossed that he can keep pulling in quality players in the future... especially big men!

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
So Fooley is still running things? Wait at least until the end of the season to prove he can actually coach.

This admin.

tenor.gif

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Mixed feelings on this. I was still sort of in the wait and see camp on Coach White. Would have liked to see him recruit some more highly rated bigs this year before offering him an extension. Looks like this year is going to be a good one for us but I'm curious what the next couple after are going to look like.

I see we currently have 0 commits for the next class. Hoping that will change soon.

All good though. I know the way early contract extension is sort of the way things are done now so I'm okay with it. Fingers crossed that he can keep pulling in quality players in the future... especially big men!
It’s a gamble for sure. Betting that Mike does well before it actually happens and his value is significantly higher.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think that it made sense for both parties, especially White, to get this done before this season as so much is at stake.

For UF, they lock up a potentially wanted coaching property through 2025, for what would likely be considered a discount if this season delivers as expected.

For White, he locks in job security before having to deliver on the promise of the recruiting class he has brought in -- brilliant timing on his (agents') part.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
:wtf:

We couldn’t wait until the end of this year to extend?
Gonna have some openings real soon with the NCAA starting to drop the hammer. GT just got sodomized over some fairly violations. No way Kansas can retain Self when all is said and done. More to come, as well.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gonna have some openings real soon with the NCAA starting to drop the hammer. GT just got sodomized over some fairly violations. No way Kansas can retain Self when all is said and done. More to come, as well.

I have no idea why they would extend a guy and give him a raise who has shown very very little as a competent head coach. with that said, there will be lots of openings, but a school like GTech is a shyt job other than being in the ACC. And rest assured that Mike White is not on any list that KU has if/when Self is gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator