Mike White Post Game

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
http://floridagators.com/watch/?Archive=5212

Above is Mike White's post game comments from yesterday. He looked and sounded pissed, lost, dejected, annoyed, and pissed again. Lots of good info in there.

He blames himself, describes our preperation for the game in detail including film, breakdowns, design, and practice (only 45 min of practice because players are tired?), why the defense failed (players refuse to communicate) why the offense failed (hero ball by some players...can only assume Hill and Chiozza?) and that we are at a fork in the road (it's time to man up or crash and burn).

He sounds like he is trying but some players that Billy left are still causing the same headaches as when Billy was here. Seems like he wants to get his players in badly, but we still do not have a PG for next season.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Thanks for posting Lee. During the game coach White looked pissed many times.

This is why I still have hope for White. He genuinely sounds like he knows what it going on and is trying desperatetly to fix it. I like that he takes responsibility yet puts it on the players to execute as well. Sounds almost Billy like. I hope the players see this and are willing to respond positively.

Last edited:

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
we have a pg next year his name is Hester. Finally we'll have a PG with Length ( 6-3) he's long and looks athletics. Here's to hoping he can shoot/drive and score

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
we have a pg next year his name is Hester. Finally we'll have a PG with Length ( 6-3) he's long and looks athletics. Here's to hoping he can shoot/drive and score
Hester will have to make some major strides in the off season. He isn't getting any significant minutes this year, and that concerns me a bit. Wonder if we should have redshirted him?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Did he look this pissed
usp-ncaa-football_-south-carolina-at-floridamuschamp31.jpg

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Thanx for posting Lee. Everything that Mike mentioned falls squarely on him. Everything he mentioned in regards to problems are the exact reason I say he is a terrible game coach. I have seen it for 2 years now. I watch games by looking under the hood, just like football. We are saddled with 2 awful head coaches leading our 2 biggest programs. I love how Mike heaped praise on Bryce Drew like he was Coach K, but Vandy is a .500 club. They are terrible. But having seen Bryce at Valpo and knowing his father was an excellent coach at Valpo, I knew that Drew always has his teams fundamentally sound. I begged Fooley to hire Tony Bennett when Billy quit the first time, before returning, so that point was moot. But here is the issue. We don't, I repeat, we don;t have the elite players like the obvious schools where talent can triumph over coaching. However we have a darn good enough team that could reap the benefits of a coach who understands, can teach, stresses fundamentals and those fundamentals show up on game day. As an example, Tony Bennett went to UVA, a good bball school but certainly not UNC, Duke or UofL, and by instilling discipline, fundamental basketball skills, he has had UVA at or near the top of the best bball conference almost since he arrived. It can be done at UF, we just need a more disciplined coach who has a greater understanding of X's and O's, which includes, but not limited to, angles, spacing, floor balance, etc. etc.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Hester's not already better than Chorizo (and we can assume he's not since he's getting little to no PT), then I'm afraid he's not gonna be the answer at PG. Next season's gonna be a mix of Chorizo, Allen and Hester at PG (maybe Okauru can come in and surprise, but I don't think he's any more capable than Hester at this point). If White can't get the current team (that has a ton of experience and their fair share of talent) to the dance, the next few years could be rough.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://floridagators.com/watch/?Archive=5212

Above is Mike White's post game comments from yesterday. He looked and sounded pissed, lost, dejected, annoyed, and pissed again. Lots of good info in there.

He blames himself, describes our preperation for the game in detail including film, breakdowns, design, and practice (only 45 min of practice because players are tired?), why the defense failed (players refuse to communicate) why the offense failed (hero ball by some players...can only assume Hill and Chiozza?) and that we are at a fork in the road (it's time to man up or crash and burn).

He sounds like he is trying but some players that Billy left are still causing the same headaches as when Billy was here. Seems like he wants to get his players in badly, but we still do not have a PG for next season.
I thought there were some pretty heinous calls by the refs in the 2nd half of the Vandy game and I never once saw White getting after a ref. He may have off TV, but I never saw it. On the other hand, I was going off when those crappy calls were made and my son had to restrain me (all the time I'm thinking that UFs assistant coaches should be restraining White).
I haven't seen the passion from Coach White I'd like to see and I haven't seen the team 'play' with passion much at all. I see passion in TO huddles at times, but not much on the court.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
If Hester's not already better than Chorizo (and we can assume he's not since he's getting little to no PT), then I'm afraid he's not gonna be the answer at PG. Next season's gonna be a mix of Chorizo, Allen and Hester at PG (maybe Okauru can come in and surprise, but I don't think he's any more capable than Hester at this point). If White can't get the current team (that has a ton of experience and their fair share of talent) to the dance, the next few years could be rough.
In terms of making the tournament....I think next season should be easier. Easier schedule, more home games, better offense, possibly some surprise returns?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator