Million posts challenge - Physics and Chemistry

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Another attempt to increase posts. Probably not that great of an idea.

Various aspects of Physics and Chemistry. They actually overlap in what is called Physical Chemistry and something different in Physics. These two form the foundation of all the rest of both science and engineering.

Standard Model Particle physics - Wikipedia

Forces (ones that you can see) Types of Forces

Forces you don't see (strong and weak) Subatomic particle - Four basic forces

Periodic table, knowing and using this is essential to many things. Periodic table - Wikipedia

Dynamic Periodic Table

Add to this as you desire, or not.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Newton's third law always made a lot of sense to me at an early age. "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Was always unsure about the "equal" part on the reaction. Seems like when my action was to break the rules, the reaction was an @ss beating that was of greater magnitude. I always wished Sir Isaac could have explained this with a fourth law or at least an asterisk or Law 3a.

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
I loved Physics class at UF. I sat between the two hottest chicks at UF. I tried to get into both of their pants but the Chemistry just wasn't there.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
The Venturi effect is the reduction in fluid pressure that results when a fluid flows through a constricted section of a pipe.
This + Age 50

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
The Venturi effect is the reduction in fluid pressure that results when a fluid flows through a constricted section of a pipe.
This + Age 50

Good post, I had not thought of that in a long time. The recent air crash should remind us that it can be a very important thing in our lives.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
My all time favorite: Maxwell’s equations.
I even had a song about it.
“Bang, bang Maxwell’s equations came down on my head.
Bang, bang Maxwell’s equations make me wish I was dead”.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
This + Age 50

Hence, how fluid flow is measured in piping. The pressure differential is measured at points prior to and post constriction.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Who knows this one: “ooh, ooh, ooh, to touch and feel a gooey vagina, so hot”?

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Wilhelm Röntgen - Wikipedia

Rontgen discovered x-rays, I remember a British cartoon that indicated that the new discovery would show the Germans a very strong British back bone.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Ox is after one million posts TOTAL. There is a counter on the bottom or side of the main page. Somewhere in the 800,000’s at the moment.

I looked briefly and could not find this and if it is 800K someone did not reset it for the new year, and there is a pretty steep hill to make the goal. If it is 1M since inception that would be pretty easy to make.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I looked briefly and could not find this and if it is 800K someone did not reset it for the new year, and there is a pretty steep hill to make the goal. If it is 1M since inception that would be pretty easy to make.

It’s since inception. See Ox’s original post s week ago for the details. Here is the stat box on the bottom right of the screen:
IMG_9295.JPG

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It’s since inception. See Ox’s original post s week ago for the details. Here is the stat box on the bottom right of the screen:

Thanks it is in the sidebar which I keep closed. I thought he wanted 1M this year, but I probably am wrong.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Thanks it is in the sidebar which I keep closed. I thought he wanted 1M this year, but I probably am wrong.

He would love 1,000,000 posts this year. ASAP. One million posts is apparently a big deal in the message board world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.