Minnesota players boycotting football activities, bowl game over 10 suspensions?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...en-bowl-boycott-after-10-teammates-suspended/

Minnesota football players have announced they will boycott all football activities, including the team's appearance in the Holiday Bowl against Washington State, if necessary, over the school's decision to suspend 10 players after an investigation into an alleged sexual assault at an off-campus apartment in September was re-opened.

The school announced Tuesday that Ray Buford, Carlton Djam, Seth Green, KiAnte Hardin, Dior Johnson, Tamarion Johnson, Kobe McCrary, Antonio Shenault, Mark Williams and Antoine Winfield Jr. were all banned from team activities. Four of those players have been suspended previously this season.

Ray Buford Sr., the father of defensive back Ray Buford Jr., told the Associated Pressthe new suspensions resulted from an investigation by the university's Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action and confirmed that an attorney for his son and other players planned to appeal the suspensions.

On Thursday, the the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported that a players-only meeting resulted in the decision to boycott. Coach Tracy Claeys was informed before the players made their announcement official.

"As a player, it became more than a game for me," wide receiver Drew Wolitarsky said, per the Star Tribune, while speaking on behalf of his team. "And I know it did, as you can see, for the whole team. It's about the livelihood of these kids, after football. Because that's why we came here; we came here to get a degree. We come here to make a life for ourselves, and these kids' reputations have been ruined."

Wolitarsky stated the team's demands, which include a closed door meeting with the Board of Regents to discuss the future of the program. Until then, the players will not participate in any football-related activities.

"We're concerned that our brothers have been named publicly with reckless disregard, in violation of their constitutional rights. We are now compelled to speak for our team and take back our program," Wolitarsky told reporters. "This movement was largely motivated by a recent and disappointing meeting conducted by [athletic director] Mark Coyle. We wanted answers but received misleading statements. Moreover the actions by president [Eric] Kaler have breached fiduciary duty, not only to the 10 falsely accused, but all of us.

According to police records released Wednesday and obtained by the Assocated Press, "the woman told police she was drunk when she was sexually assaulted in Djam's apartment by several men, including some of the suspended players."

Buford, Hardin, Dior Johnson and Tamarion Johnson were all previously suspended for three games for an unspecified violation of team rules. According to the Star Tribune, police investigated the Sept. 2 allegation and later declined to press charges. The alleged victim, part of the Minnesota game-day operations staff, filed a restraining order -- against those four players and Carlton Djam -- that was dismissed in a settlement on Nov. 2.

In the police reports released this week, the alleged victim said her sexual contact with two men may have been consensual, but her contact with four of them was not.

The Minnesota administration responded to the boycott with a statement promising to work on an "open dialogue" with the players over the coming days.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Candy asses. Revoke all their schollys and kick them out, then forfeit, and make sure they would still have to sit out a year to go to another D-1 as icing on the cake.

The pussification of America continues........

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would like to see what the evidence actually was because some of these colleges will suspend/expel kids literally with no evidence in he said she said type cases even when there is no witnesses or other things backing the claim up. They dont even have true legal people making the decisions usually and have become a rubber stamp for PC at many of these schools now.

If there is real evidence backing the claim up then these players refusing to play should be dealt with harshly or players will start pulling mess like this all the time.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Candy asses. Revoke all their schollys and kick them out, then forfeit, and make sure they would still have to sit out a year to go to another D-1 as icing on the cake.

What? They feel that their teammates are being wrongfully accused and reputations tarnished. I'm sure they have more of the facts than anybody.

Who knows what really happened (I'm sure it'll
come to light sooner or later) but it seems pretty apparent that they strongly believe it's a wrongful accusation.

This is a tricky situation, but a generalized statement such as yours is weak sauce IMO.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This sounds interesting to say the least:

"the alleged victim said her sexual contact with two men may have been consensual, but her contact with four of them was not."

Hope justice comes forth no matter what

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014

Not sure if it was the article above, but I read part of the reason to boycott was because when the team met with the higher ups (I assume AD and President) they were repeatedly lied to and misled. That is a perfect reason to boycott. The school needs to be held accountable if they are lying and misleading students for any reason. Looks like the school is hiding something maybe.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Make the accusation and then watch the accused work like hell to prove their innocence. Not exactly the way it's supposed to work. I support their decision, tired of some of these chicks make false claims, ruining someones life. Let the process work itself out and then dole out the punishment. Just the fact that she can't decide how long the train was supposed to be makes me less sympathetic. Idiot.

Gardner, you idea would seal the deal for the entire program and hurt the hell out of the rest of the sports program. Not to mention how badly the recruiting would suffer.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
b-pumper-2-hands-05.jpg

Nope, I'm abstaining and going home.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It appears that Minnesota is approaching this like UF and the players expect them to apply the FSU rapist state model.
This is yet another example of the inmates trying to run the asylum.

"As a player, it became more than a game for me," wide receiver Drew Wolitarsky said, per the Star Tribune, while speaking on behalf of his team. "And I know it did, as you can see, for the whole team. It's about the livelihood of these kids, after football. Because that's why we came here; we came here to get a degree. We come here to make a life for ourselves, and these kids' reputations have been ruined."

We came here to get a degree....yeah, right. I believe you.

"We're concerned that our brothers have been named publicly with reckless disregard, in violation of their constitutional rights. We are now compelled to speak for our team and take back our program,"

I particularly like this line too. Take back whose program? And you received your law degree when?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would like to see what the evidence actually was because some of these colleges will suspend/expel kids literally with no evidence in he said she said type cases even when there is no witnesses or other things backing the claim up. They dont even have true legal people making the decisions usually and have become a rubber stamp for PC at many of these schools now.

If there is real evidence backing the claim up then these players refusing to play should be dealt with harshly or players will start pulling mess like this all the time.
My feeling too. If you take it to the next level...be right.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
I wouldn't call a rapist my brother, but hey that's just me.

Hopefully the university president stays the course. I'd love to see all 120 players give up their scholarships.

"You did WHAT? You gave up your scholarship to support some guys who pulled a train? Lucky for you I heard they're hiring at Walmart."

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't call a rapist my brother, but hey that's just me.

Hopefully the university president stays the course. I'd love to see all 120 players give up their scholarships.

"You did WHAT? You gave up your scholarship to support some guys who pulled a train? Lucky for you I heard they're hiring at Walmart."

How did you feel about the Duke Lacrosse case before the truth started coming out. Did you think Duke and them did the right thing because hey it was some bad sounding stuff and really bad accusations being made.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Boom. Rape Fever right on cue.

Tell us, Fever, what in your personal life has lead you to defend every rapeis?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

I think Fever is right in this instance. Nobody knows what really happened, and shamefully there are a lot of false rape accusations.

We need to let this play out instead of jumping to conclusions. The players seem pretty confident that their teammates are being unjustly treated. They are either right, or scumbags for defending them if they truly are guilty.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Look, I have no problem with how schools handle these situations as far as removing players from all acitivities (like how UF did with Callaway). However, I don't have an issue with players standing up for what they think is right in this instance, and sitting out a FOOTBALL game.

Some things in life are more important than football believe it or not.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

lol Rapists need to be locked away but there some should be some evidence. So you think there wasn't stuff wrong with that Duke case and that these hearing officers with their regret equal rape mentalities many times now should be able to kick kids out of school with a literal joke case. I havent seen what they have hear and my comments are directed at the process of these schools mostly and the mess that has been pulled in many cases like where a guy is kicked out because a girl seen hanging all over him by her friends decides days later to make the accusation because her boyfriend is leaving her for cheating (and she thinks this may save the relationship)and they still kick him out for PC reasons even when presented with the email evidence etc. on what was really going on.

Another bad thing with false accusations even when they can be shown to be 100% false is there never any action taken by authorities against the false accuser for lying because of PC. I dont think that Duke Lacrosse lady ever got charged for lying and drug to court. She just killed someone I think I heard years later to get locked up.

Last edited:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
lol Rapists need to be locked away but there some should be some evidence. So you think there wasn't stuff wrong with that Duke case and that these hearing officers with their regret equal rape mentalities many times now should be able to kick kids out of school with a literal joke case. I havent seen what they have hear and my comments are directed at the process of these schools mostly and the mess that has been pulled in many cases like where a guy is kicked out because a girl seen hanging all over him by her friends decides days later to make the accusation because her boyfriend is leaving her (and she thinks this may save the relationship)and they still kick him out for PC reasons even when presented with the email evidence etc. on what was really going on.

Did that happen to you?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Did that happen to you?

lol No but there has been quite a few programs and articles in the news showing how much of a joke the process is at these schools and how a woman mad at a guy or caught cheating by her boyfriend can ruin someone at a school just by making the accusation and how many of these people making the rulings are just PC puppets. Its pretty crazy when you look at what has happened in some of these cases.

Heck they got people involved in this system at colleges that have wrote papers saying regret equals rape and that it probably qualifies as a rape if the woman regretted sleeping with the guy later on.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://kstp.com/kstpImages/repository/cs/files/U of M EOAA redacted5.pdf

Here is the report made on the matter. It is rather interesting to say the least.

http://kstp.com/kstpImages/repository/cs/files/U of M MPD report redacted 3.pdf

This is the police report above much of it produced from observing video - I see why the state wanted no part of prosecuting this case when some legal standards have to actually be used unlike those joke school hearings.

Good thing there was video on a lot of that stuff or I think in today's PC society some of those kids would have been arrested possibly.

This case looks like a standard regret equals rape case these PC police talk about now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator