Minnesota players boycotting football activities, bowl game over 10 suspensions?

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
This sounds interesting to say the least:

"the alleged victim said her sexual contact with two men may have been consensual, but her contact with four of them was not."

Hope justice comes forth no matter what

If the alleged victim is not sure she gave consent for sexual activity to two of the alleged perpetrators, I can understand why the rest may have been unsure. I'm not optimistic about justice coming forth. I suspect there is responsibility on both sides of this story. There is a moral compass that is supposed to be installed in each of us. It seems too often to be defective.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If the alleged victim is not sure she gave consent for sexual activity to two of the alleged perpetrators, I can understand why the rest may have been unsure. I'm not optimistic about justice coming forth. I suspect there is responsibility on both sides of this story. There is a moral compass that is supposed to be installed in each of us. It seems too often to be defective.

Read the police report above based on the video they observed of what actually went on. I see why the state wouldn't touch this case.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...otball-team-ends-boycott-prepare-holiday-bowl

Minnesota ends boycott, will prepare to play in Holiday Bowl

"As a team, we understand that what has occurred these past few days, and playing football for the University of Minnesota, is larger than just us," the team said in its statement. "So many before us have given so much to this University and this football team ... we will not ... and we recognize that we must not, let these people down.

"We now ask that you, the members of the media, our fans, and the general public hold all of us accountable for ensuring that our teammates are treated fairly, along with any and all victims of sexual assault. We also ask that the public dialogue related to the apparent lack of due process in a university system is openly discussed and evaluated."

The announcement came after a late-night meeting Friday between Gophers players and university president Eric Kaler and other campus leaders. The statement revealed that the 10 players remain suspended, but also said that the players will have a "fair hearing" in front of a "diverse review panel."

"After many hours of discussion within our team, and after speaking with President Kaler, it became clear that our original request of having the 10 suspensions overturned was not going to happen," the statement said. "Our senior group had a meeting with President Kaler and AD Mark Coyle last night, Friday the 16th, where they agreed to the following requests: That all ten of these players have a fair hearing -- which includes a diverse review panel. Number two, a showing of support for our team and the character shown by the great majority of our players. Finally, that we as a team will use our status as public figures to bring more exposure to the issue of sexual harassment and violence against women."

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
At the root, in the background (and I do respect the sentiment of the players through their statement writer, with obvious University Admin direction), it's the liberal infested, gestapo-like attitudes of current school system/university administrations that these students/student-athletes have to deal with. Although, I do not on the surface agree with the "crybaby" boycott move. I can certainly understand when dealing with the self righteous, arrogant, judge-jury-executioner mindset of current university politics... that you have to make your statement where it hurts and draws attention... Money! Now, like good liberal dispositions... they made their will be fair promise, will get their money, then screw the kids anyway per the playbook. So, I'm glad the kids reached out to the community-fan base to be a watchdog for them as well as the issue that if a crime was perpetrated, it has to be addressed.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
This is just like the situation we had with our players. The code of conduct has potentially been violated and the federal government basically requires an investigation. They are lucky not to be banned from campus. Their coaches that supported this boycott should also be in some trouble. We may not like it but the laws are as they are. This is not a criminal investigation but rather a code of conduct issue. Good that they backed down, good for them, good for athletics as well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They need to stick by their guns. If a chic passes out, everyone gets to bang her. The rules are clear. Everyone knows the rules.

Skip the bowl game boys and show them who is right.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is just like the situation we had with our players. The code of conduct has potentially been violated and the federal government basically requires an investigation. They are lucky not to be banned from campus. Their coaches that supported this boycott should also be in some trouble. We may not like it but the laws are as they are. This is not a criminal investigation but rather a code of conduct issue. Good that they backed down, good for them, good for athletics as well.
Didnt we smoke out this azzhat as a clown?

Is my memory poor?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Didnt we smoke out this azzhat as a clown?

Is my memory poor?
You are a swamp donkey, of course your memory is lacking. I am not an FSU graduate or supporter for what that might be worth on the internet.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
How did you feel about the Duke Lacrosse case before the truth started coming out. Did you think Duke and them did the right thing because hey it was some bad sounding stuff and really bad accusations being made.
The truth--that they hired a stripper who then wanted a bigger payday and due to the team's rep everyone believed her instead of them?

That she later, after all was said and done, published a book in which she still claimed she was raped?

One thing I know is true--the three Duke players were paid handsomely for their troubles.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
$ money doesn't fix a tarnished reputation. The system declined to press charges. These college "hearings" are kangaroo courts and there's been plenty who have been sued because they violate the USC with how they operate. When the TPTB won't give you a fair chance boycott. Losing $ hurts more.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta love newbies handing out dislikes when they don't even know your intellectual stance or when you actually covered (understood) both positions in the thread. Must have hit a personal, career, political or avatar-hating cord :lmao2:. What's the old saying, if you haven't been written up, you're probably not working. I'm honored to have precipitated some negative emotion. The usual protocol of the brave is to "reply" or "quote" then state your contrary feelings and do battle from there if it is so sacred to your heart. But, that is just me, without a literate reverse take, a dislike acts like a cowardly display of keyboard bravado without rhyme or reason. Glad you stopped lurking and signed up though.

Welcome aboard, 'Up! :cool:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You are a swamp donkey, of course your memory is lacking. I am not an FSU graduate or supporter for what that might be worth on the internet.

IDK but ChiefGator offers tontolizing posts.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
Gotta love newbies handing out dislikes when they don't even know your intellectual stance or when you actually covered (understood) both positions in the thread. Must have hit a personal, career, political or avatar-hating cord :lmao2:. What's the old saying, if you haven't been written up, you're probably not working. I'm honored to have precipitated some negative emotion. The usual protocol of the brave is to "reply" or "quote" then state your contrary feelings and do battle from there if it is so sacred to your heart. But, that is just me, without a literate reverse take, a dislike acts like a cowardly display of keyboard bravado without rhyme or reason. Glad you stopped lurking and signed up though.

Welcome aboard, 'Up! :cool:
Since you went to such lengths to state how hurt you were by my dislike, it was your comparison to the Gestapo that earned it. No one is being hauled aawy to the gas chambers by university administrations, or if they are, they're doing a heckuva job keeping it quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.