Missouri football at a crossroads?

WDCGator

The Gentleman from D.C.
Nov 20, 2014
So after two years in which they have made it to Atlanta, only to return home without any hardware, where does this leave the Missouri Tigers?

While the SEC East has been down for the past few seasons, one must believe that it will again become dominant sooner rather than later. The McElwain hire will likely make Florida more competitive moving forward, Butch Jones appears to have finally stabilized the Vols' football program, and Georgia and South Carolina will return to their winning ways.

This begs the question: Will Missouri be relegated to the statuses of Kentucky and Vanderbilt (sans James Franklin)? The Tigers had a great opportunity to capitalize on the misfortune of the power players in the SEC East, and blew it.

It will be interesting to see where they end up once the traditional SEC East powers get back on the right track.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It leaves them better off than Georgia and Tennessee.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Their schedule for next season is pretty favorable. They draw Arkansas and Miss St from the west. They get us, Tenn and SC at home. Pinkel is a pretty
good coach who always seems to have at least one guy on the line that consistently gets to the QB. I see them being competitive and possibly winning the east again.
Most people didn't think they would win it this season either.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They will be the same team they have been for a while a team that is about an 8 win team, a couple of years every so often getting up to 10-12 wins and every so often having a 5-7/7-5 team as they reset their talent level. It will be well coached as long as Pinkell is there. Better than the lower level, but not a great as the elite in the conference.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Insight:
Missouri got lucky this season. We gave them the game in the Swamp (holding them to less than 120 yards), they got beat by Indiana (IU finished 1-7 in the Big10), and lost to UGA 34-0. The two teams from the SEC West they played were the worst 2 the West had to offer. They swap out one of those games and go up against Bama, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss or MSU in the regular season, then UGA plays Bama in the SEC championship game. They were picked to finish 4th in the SEC East this year - probably will be the same next year. Their schedule is a little tougher in 2015 (MSU replaces A&M) and they have a couple of decent OOC games against Arky State and BYU.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
WobbleGator;n128880 said:
Do you have any or will it just be speculation like the rest of us?

you got me, I have none, nor do I care. I am more concerned about about the Gator football crossroads

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Depends on how much they have returning on defense, because that was clearly the strength of the team the last two years.

WDCGator

The Gentleman from D.C.
Nov 20, 2014
Gator98MD;n128891 said:
you got me, I have none, nor do I care. I am more concerned about about the Gator football crossroads

Well, you know, you both don't have to view or comment on just how much you don't care about the tread. Just a suggestion.

WDCGator

The Gentleman from D.C.
Nov 20, 2014
GatorBart;n128890 said:
Insight:
Missouri got lucky this season. We gave them the game in the Swamp (holding them to less than 120 yards), they got beat by Indiana (IU finished 1-7 in the Big10), and lost to UGA 34-0. The two teams from the SEC West they played were the worst 2 the West had to offer. They swap out one of those games and go up against Bama, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss or MSU in the regular season, then UGA plays Bama in the SEC championship game. They were picked to finish 4th in the SEC East this year - probably will be the same next year. Their schedule is a little tougher in 2015 (MSU replaces A&M) and they have a couple of decent OOC games against Arky State and BYU.

Yep. I still can't believe how much we bumbled in our game against them earlier this fall.I think they'll come back down to earth next season as they'll deal with the departure of more guys on the defensive side of the ball. As far as recruiting, I think they're hovering around the low-30s, so that will play its part, as well. I could be wrong, but I don't think they'll return to Atlanta again for a while.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WDCGator;n128901 said:
Well, you know, you both don't have to view or comment on just how much you don't care about the tread. Just a suggestion.

I never said I didn't care. I gave my input.

Maybe read the posts correctly next time. Just a suggestion.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
WobbleGator;n128929 said:
I never said I didn't care. I gave my input.
Maybe read the posts correctly next time. Just a suggestion.

This is correct. I was the one that was ambivalent to MIzzou. Wobble is rarely ambivalent.

WDCGator

The Gentleman from D.C.
Nov 20, 2014
Gator98MD;n128935 said:
This is correct. I was the one that was ambivalent to MIzzou. Wobble is rarely ambivalent.

Well much hasn't changed in my absence. Wobble, bless his heart, can't help it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mizzou is an 8-10 win team as long as Pinkel is there. Solid football coach that appears to do more with less his first few years in the SEC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mizzu is laughing all the way to Atlanta every year.

I'll talk shiiit when we beat them someday.

Crucial

Sick Beat Writer
Dec 9, 2014
Law98gator;129029 said:
Mizzu is laughing all the way to Atlanta every year. I'll talk shiiit when we beat them someday.
Shuffle somethings around there cuh and you could have a sick flow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator