More cowbell? SEC amends rule pertaining to artificial noise

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This will be interesting. Will they penalize Miss State if the fans don't comply?

More cowbell? SEC amends rule pertaining to artificial noise

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/06/more_cowbell_sec_amends_rule_p.html

How much Mississippi State fans can ring their cowbells while still abiding by SEC rules is changing again.

The SEC's Executive Committee passed a proposal forbidding forms of artificial noise at football games from the time the offensive center puts a hand on the football until it is snapped at the conclusion of the league's Spring Meetings on Friday.

The reason for the change is existing legislation stated the noise needed to stop when the center "take his place over" the football and that was difficult to interpret, apply and enforce due to variations in offensive styles and game plans. The change is expected to provide more consistency in application and enforcement of the rule.

New Mississippi State coach Joe Moorhead has yet to experience a home game at Davis Wade Stadium, but recognized the rule would impact Bulldogs fans.

"I'm anxious to hear it myself for the first time," Moorhead said. "I know we're regulating, but there's some discussions made relative to artificial noise and the timing of when you need to cut it off. Ultimately, we'll have to abide by it."

Time will tell if opposing teams attempt to use the specifics of the rule to their advantage and rush the center to the ball in order to cut down on the ringing in Starkville, or if the rule will lead to even more clanging if centers wait too long.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I still didn’t know why they're the only school in the conference allowed to have artificial noisemakers. Just ban the sh*t and tell them to get over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator