Most Important Game of the Season

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
What are your thoughts on the most important game of the season to win? I think it's the Michigan game simply based off what happened the last time we played them and it will be a huge indicator of how our team has progressed if we win. Georgia game will probably have the most important implications for the East race, but that first game could be a huge momentum factor for the season especially being on the national stage in Dallas.

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
IMO:

Most important game for achievements for this season: Georgia
Most important game for future direction of our program: FSU

Just my $0.02

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What are your thoughts on the most important game of the season to win? I think it's the Michigan game simply based off what happened the last time we played them and it will be a huge indicator of how our team has progressed if we win. Georgia game will probably have the most important implications for the East race, but that first game could be a huge momentum factor for the season especially being on the national stage in Dallas.

The Michigan game will definitely set the tone for the season probably. I could see us messing around and starting 2-2 if we don't win that one - especially if the offense is really bad again.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We can lose to mich but still end up being a good team and have a solid year. They arent a rival either. Weve beat uga twice under macaroni so we could handle a loss to them as well. UT is important. They stopped the streak and now they are in our house, if they go 2-0 against us the psyche starts to shift so that's a big one honestly.

That being said, its fsu. Its our biggest rival in todays day and age. The result of that game sends ripples through the recruiting landscape every year that cannot be underestimated and will do a lot to determine the programs future because of the recruiting implications. Its also the last game of the season so its the difference between going out as winners or chumps. Finally, its about state bragging rights. Do I think we will win? Not really, but we better give a darn better showing than zero points scored on offense. Possibly even more important is losing would be 0-3 for mac, and in at least 2 of those games we got absolutely sodomized. Mac goes 0-3 and looks bad doing it and hes freaking done, period. This game needs to be competitive and at minimum make us feel like we are getting close. A win would be absolutely :faint:

Don't kid yourself, its the freaking clowns.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Lake beat me to it. The next one. Always the next one.

That said, I'm calling it now. We beat FSU in the Swamp this year.

Alex.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Trust me Durty. They may be a better team than us all season long...but they won't be better than us for 60 minutes in the Swamp that Saturday afternoon. Barring a string of injuries, we'll take them this year. And it's about damn time, too. F those *******s.

Alex.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Trust me Durty. They may be a better team than us all season long...but they won't be better than us for 60 minutes in the Swamp that Saturday afternoon. Barring a string of injuries, we'll take them this year. And it's about damn time, too. F those *******s.

Alex.
I think you're underestimating the amount of suckage that is butters and nuss. But here's to fantasies :swampqueen:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Every game we play is important and I really hope our players feel this way. I really want to beat Tenn, Ga and FSU starting with Mich.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Every game we play is important and I really hope our players feel this way. I really want to beat Tenn, Ga and FSU starting with Mich.
There are no teams i hate more in cfb than tenn, uga, and the sqaws. The only thing that would be sweeter than a double digit beatdown of them is that their bus is completely swallowed by a giant sinkhole after the game.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's going to happen. The stars will align for us. Couple of timely turnovers, maybe a TD return or 2, a blocked kick, a couple of close calls go our way, a loooooong late field goal, I'm telling you, we beat the bastards this year.

And I will celebrate like a madman.

Alex.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I guess another reason i would say Michigan is our most important to win is because they lost so much and a loss to them would be pretty hard to explain no matter how you twist it considering what we return and what they lost.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
With the schedule we have, we shouldn't lose more than 3 games. But, we must beat the Wolverines, Noles, & Dawgs for this to be considered a successful season in my eyes.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There are no teams i hate more in cfb than tenn, uga, and the sqaws. The only thing that would be sweeter than a double digit beatdown of them is that their bus is completely swallowed by a giant sinkhole after the game.

What sinkhole would have them?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'd say uga, fsu, ut, in that order.

From a recruiting and perception standpoint, the first two above are critical. We need to stop the bleeding against Fisher and the noles, and hopefully this is the year we have a chance to do that. And a loss in Jax would be damning as it would put us behind yet another huge rival, this one affecting our conference race.

I understand Michigan is big and a win would be a nice statement. But I put the vols third because I think we can lose in Dallas, and still have a somewhat successful year. Dropping the game to ut, at home, would probably start the wheels falling off for the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.