Most overrated and underrated coach

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Norvell was my pick after Frost fell through. Somebody must have texts of his genitalia.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@‘78 The Messiah himself could be available as our next coach but if he’s coaching in the PAC-12, @Swamp Donkey isn’t going to want him or give any due credit.
Which is hilarious when you consider him promoting a Big Ten guy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Rumor was he had some black mark against him, even Tennessee didn’t pursue him for some reason, and they went after 10 different guys before finding one that would take the job. He’s in their own state, must be something to the rumor, lucky for Memphis I guess.
The thing about making fun of Tinerc hiring their 10th guy is that we hired their 9th guy.

Glass houses and all.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Which is hilarious when you consider him promoting a Big Ten guy.
I'm not promoting a Big 10 guy.

I LIKE a guy who attacks downfield and this is the only guy that does it this day (other than Bobby Petrino).

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
My thoughts on these lists were and some of the comments:

1. What in the world is a guy who won at Vandy and the mess that PSU was doing on the over rated list?

2. Several article alluded to something about Norvell.

3. I don't view Brohm and Campbell as under rated, but just young and up and coming.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not promoting a Big 10 guy.

I LIKE a guy who attacks downfield and this is the only guy that does it this day (other than Bobby Petrino).
And Holgorsen now that he has Grier.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And Holgorsen now that he has Grier.
Holgerson is an odd beast. Mostly Mumme but he did inherit and adapt some of the Rodriguez/Tommy Bowden play book. Neither fish nor fowl. He did adapt the Mumme-ish disdain for defense. No thanks.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Holgerson is an odd beast. Mostly Mumme but he did inherit and adapt some of the Rodriguez/Tommy Bowden play book. Neither fish nor fowl. He did adapt the Mumme-ish disdain for defense. No thanks.
That's the problem with some of the offensive thinkers. They think they can win with offense alone. Spurrier found out firsthand how critical it was to get the right DC.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
That's the problem with some of the offensive thinkers. They think they can win with offense alone. Spurrier found out firsthand how critical it was to get the right DC.

What in the world are you babbling about? Spurrier said IN HIS INTRODUCTORY PRESS CONFERENCE that to win you must be able to stop the run.

In addition if you were paying attention at the time, Spurrier took mostly man coverage Stoops and turned him into much more of a zone coverage guy. Stoops took much much more from the Spurrier program to OU than he changed anything done at UF once he left.

Foley was first hired at UF around 1978. Is that you Jeremy?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What in the world are you babbling about? Spurrier said IN HIS INTRODUCTORY PRESS CONFERENCE that to win you must be able to stop the run.

In addition if you were paying attention at the time, Spurrier took mostly man coverage Stoops and turned him into much more of a zone coverage guy. Stoops took much much more from the Spurrier program to OU than he changed anything done at UF once he left.

Foley was first hired at UF around 1978. Is that you Jeremy?
Yeah, the same guy who later promoted Ron Zook to DC. Let me see your merits before you present talk.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Mumme types are definitely guys who think that they don't need defense. They don't even tackle in practice. I wouldnt touch one of those guys. The Mumme tree are all very questionable people too. Drinking and drugs. No thanks.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Also, I'd take the "overrated" Franklin in a heartbeat. The guy twice won 9 games at Vandy, and don't try and tell me it was because the East was too weak. He won 9 games in '12 when UF, UGA, and South Carolina all won 11 games and in '13 when Mizzou and South Carolina had 12 and 11 wins. It's freaking Vandy, where they'll throw a parade for getting invited to a lower tier bowl game. He's already won the Big 10 and he's beaten Meyer. He hasn't won it all yet, but what's going on at OSU will only help him at this point. He's a pretty good recruiter as well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, the same guy who later promoted Ron Zook to DC. Let me see your merits before you present talk.
Foley demanded Ron Zook, three times. They were best buds.

But SOS admittedly hired Hoke twice. :eek3:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Foley demanded Ron Zook, three times. They were best buds.

But SOS admittedly hired Hoke twice. :eek3:
I'm quite sure SOS stood by idly while Foley called the shots on coordinators. You're as out there as Insti.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Wittingham is a great coach. You don’t go 11-1 in bowls without being a great coach. He also spanked Saban’s ass in the Sugar Bowl that one year.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hard to believe Franklin was on there as overrated. Got a damn good track record of quick turnarounds and good results. Maybe he’s just good at hiring assistants... damn it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator