Mullen: not making any coaching changes until after season

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If your not going to fire Grantham now then let him make Gatorade or something and give Coach Turner a try at the helm, hell he can't be any worst.

Mullen’s defiance to being asked if he was outcoached after the Kentucky loss was also the best clue to date of his support for Grantham in the face of a mountain of criticism. He’s too arrogant to admit fault.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Is anyone truly surprised by this? He retained the guy after producing our worst defense ever. EVER!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen’s defiance to being asked if he was outcoached after the Kentucky loss was also the best clue to date of his support for Grantham in the face of a mountain of criticism. He’s too arrogant to admit fault.

Mighty Butters of him.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Mullen doesn’t intend to resign and there isn’t a blotch on the resume to support a firing with cause, thus setting up a $12m buyout, Stricklin has reason to think he’s at least partly bailed out.

It’s gonna take a blowout loss to UGA and Mullen further embarrassing himself afterward (or perhaps after a loss at USC) to move Stricklin to make a move. Even then, he’ll only be doing it as an act of self-preservation.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Take a dump truck of cash to the Meyer residence. I don't care about Zach Smith. There, I said it.

DoubleGator87and90

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
I suspect Mullen will put in a half-hearted effort from here on (although who could really tell the difference from his efforts to date?) so he can preserve his buyout payment rights under his contract. According to this article, his buyout is $12 million, which ranks 31st among D1 coaches. In that regard, Stricklin actually did a good job negotiating this clause to keep the buyout number relatively low compared to other schools. Now, whether he'll actually pull the trigger and move on from Mullen is a different story.

Mullen one of highest-paid CFB coaches but buyout remains relatively low

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The only thing that matters is firing Numbnuts. Focusing on Grantham being fired and hiring a "Top Candidate" DC is foolishness. Mullinz is not competent in any aspect of his job with staff personnel decisions being only 1 of many areas of deficiency. I don't give a shlt about Grantham at this point. Dullem needs to go and the sooner the better.

Last edited:

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Embarrassing for the University. Fat Todd Exotic should be shamed with a public firing and a tramp stamp that says "I suck". MuLLLen is a pussy.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Mullen doubling down on Fat Todd, who didn’t see that coming? I’m thinking Mullen knows he’s not gonna be here next year, so he don’t give a damn.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The way I see it, one of two things is happening. He’s either giving fans and the media the finger (which in turn could point to him knowing he’s on the way out) or he’s actually convinced himself that Grantham can redeem himself on the relative weakness of the balance of the schedule.
It’s the last one

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
What's the under/over for UGay rushing yards next week? 400?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.