Muschamp accepts USCe HC job, called "pure liar"

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
South Carolina: TigerIllustrated reports Will Muschamp has reached out to Clemson co-offensive coordinator/WR coach Jeff Scott to gauge his potential interest in becoming South Carolina’s offensive coordinator if Muschamp becomes head coach.

I saw this and have no idea why this guy would consider leaving a spot where his offense has helped his team to the #1 ranking in the country to take the same position at a rival school with less football tradition in the same state under a coach that has a history of making offensive coordinators look bad...

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I saw this and have no idea why this guy would consider leaving a spot where his offense has helped his team to the #1 ranking in the country to take the same position at a rival school with less football tradition in the same state under a coach that has a history of making offensive coordinators look bad...
giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So why isnt Champ hired? Its not like he has bowl prep.

I dont believe this.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The East is shaping up nicely for the Gators.
:chomp:

I like this train of thought. After watching WM for the last 5 years, I have no "fear" of him as a head coach. I hope one of our rivals hire him!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I dont believe this.
I would lean in your favor on this, however could it be that they are still weighing options, or perhaps something to do with a buyout. I can't imagine Aub wants to have this jack wagon back after everything this season was. In fact, I find it bizarre that after the last 5 years of seeing this guy on the big stage that anyone would want him in any capacity.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I dont believe this.
I've heard they're waiting on a definitive answer from Kirby before they go to plan B.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why on earth would South Carolina be even remotely interested in this toxic pile of crap? The guy has become the Kardashian of college football, famous for being famous.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Why on earth would South Carolina be even remotely interested in this toxic pile of crap? The guy has become the Kardashian of college football, famous for being famous.
I think SOS may be a part of their interest. He and WM are friends and it wouldn't surprise me if he's endorsing him.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I believe the dawg's name is spelled Ugga and UGa represents U.of Ga.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I want Muschamp to have another centerstage HC job to show his
failing neanderstall CFB philosophy is forever.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Well their defense will be tough, but when 3rd & 25 rolls around we can just throw it deep and USCe will lose to us as Muschamp always finds a way not to win.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
There is so much info flying out there. Just saw Lincoln Riley the OC from Oklahoma is talking with South Carolina. I also saw Jeremy Pruitt is interested.

From an article on SEC country
"Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp, former UGA coach Mark Richt, Dallas Cowboys special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia, UGA defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt, North Carolina coach Larry Fedora and Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen have all been rumored to be in the mix for the South Carolina job."

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There is so much info flying out there. Just saw Lincoln Riley the OC from Oklahoma is talking with South Carolina. I also saw Jeremy Pruitt is interested.

From an article on SEC country
"Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp, former UGA coach Mark Richt, Dallas Cowboys special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia, UGA defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt, North Carolina coach Larry Fedora and Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen have all been rumored to be in the mix for the South Carolina job."

I've heard Fedora mentioned as well. Of all the names listed that is the one I don't get. The Tarheels are sitting at 11-1 and are playing in the ACC championship game with an outside shot of making the playoffs. Why the hell would he leave there for a total rebuild at S. Carolina?

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Well why would Mullen leave MSU for USCe? Basically the same level job. Unless you are saying the SEC East is easier to win in I guess.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've heard Fedora mentioned as well. Of all the names listed that is the one I don't get. The Tarheels are sitting at 11-1 and are playing in the ACC championship game with an outside shot of making the playoffs. Why the hell would he leave there for a total rebuild at S. Carolina?

Money? :dunno:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well why would Mullen leave MSU for USCe? Basically the same level job. Unless you are saying the SEC East is easier to win in I guess.
:rotfl: Seriously? Are you from Mississippi? Dude, even people from WV look down on Miss. That damn state is 50th in everything, and Starkville is one of the worst places in that cesspool.

Cowbell will always be 5-7th in the SECW.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: Pruitt? Well, if it cant be Mushchimp, I will be quite happy if its Pruitt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator