Muschamp is new Auburn DC

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Captain Sasquatch;n130721 said:
Which would you rather happen: your wife of several years divorce you and marry your best friend, or some slam piece you banged for a month but dropped cause she had a stank cooch start dating a friend of a friend?
Waiting for SQ's input on this.

Angaza

ufgator812;n130674 said:
I'm curious what everyone thinks of WM now?
Don't like him anymore. The Boom era on the field sucked in many ways and I hate that we will pay for it while McElwain is around. And Foley had way too much of trust in Muschamp when constructing that extension. Buyout should be cheaper than that, especially if he takes a job at an SEC school.

The joke about him being a Georgia spy is silly but really, he's quickly screwing up our rebuild by taking TRob.

TN G8tr

The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
What will be the draw?? The love of his alma matter, oppotunities, or the best thing for him? If he goes to AU he will be at his alma matter. He will be in the shadows of GM and WM. It would be similar to a lateral move doing the same thing he is now, IMO. Which those things are hard to turn down. At UF now he has been on center stage with Coach Mac and somewhat at the top of the pecking order. Staying at Florida he behind Durkin???? Who himself will bolt at the chance for a bigger job. I'd say as of right now he would stand a better chance at UF to become the DC. Something would have to happen to WM at AU for that to happen. And perhaps he could get a HC gig next year. So what does UF do.............RIGHT NOW, make him the Co-DC or Asst. HC, something like that. Make the $$$$ right. And for god sakes Jeremy put a dang clause in the contract.

GatorJB

Lifetime Member
I don't mind that he's coaching at Auburn. That's expected; however, I really don't like the thought of him getting paid 6 million by UF while he is competing for recruits. I really hope there is something in the contract to prevent that.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
8 pages of crying, whining, and b!tching from you boys, smh. Thank you Paz and BMF for the only rational thought in this chicken little festival.

Bernardo de la Paz;n130590 said:
Will be interesting to see if he can live up to expectations when the head coach doesn't let him sign 10 defensive backs every year.

BMF;n130629 said:
Well, the last time Muschamp's D went up against Kiffin's O.......they produced more yards than any team has EVER put up against a UF defense. So I'm going to lean Bama in this match up.

Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
You knew when you hired Muschamp that he was an SEC guy with plenty of contacts and that if things didn't work out here, he was was likely going elsewhere in the league. That's not news. What matters now is what we do here. Do we settle on Durkin because he's familiar and available or do we pull an Auburn and buy the best DC we can? It's not like we don't have a little money in the bank, even with the 6.3 million Muschamp buyout still owed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.