Muschamp is new Auburn DC

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Where are all the Muschumpers? That guy f'ed our program and is still doing it. Georgia TRASH!

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
T REX;n130897 said:
Where are all the Muschumpers? That guy f'ed our program and is still doing it. Georgia TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely this violates the exclamation point rule. The whimpering and whining is deafening on this board this morning. Let's not feel pressure, let's apply it. In Mac we Trust.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
Muschamp is a good but very overrated defensive mind. Our defenses here lacked a pass rush...yet Muschamp is supposedly a super recruiter and defensive genius. The biggest pass rush he ever had was in 2012 with Dan Quinn as DC and Urban Meyer recruits on the DL on Easley and Floyd. Also the defense always started out slow and the defensive stats were aided by a ball control offense that killed the clock.

Look at Muschamp's defense in 2010 at Texas:

UCLA L 34-12
OU L 28-10
Iowa State L 28-21
Baylor L 30-22
  • KSU L 39-14
    OSU L 33-16
Muschamp's Texas D was better in 08 and 09....with other people's recruits. But when he has to bring his own in it's not quite as good (just like here) because of uneven recruiting.

AU's defense is awful and will be awful next year and probably the year after that as well.

Gator Wray

Big Member
Nov 21, 2014
oxrageous;n130865 said:
I think some of you need to get over the idea that we're going down in flames if T-Rob leaves. Other people can recruit players to Florida. If he leaves, screw him - Gatorbait.

I give Muschamp 2-3 years before he leaves AU for a HC job. I doubt we see him as a DC when we play Auburn next.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n130891 said:
I'm really not concerned about Muschamp at Auburn, one of the great myths of his UF tenure was that he had these amazingly incredible defenses. Teams scored when they needed to against us during his tenure. Teams set records on his defenses, his defenses were inconsistent and at times unreliable. Flashes of outstanding, yes, but hugely benefitting from opposing game plans which were set to take advantage of our inept offenses. Muschamp will be exposed somewhat at Auburn because THAT offense and Malzahn will give less than two ****s about ball control and setting up the defense and getting the defense a rest, etc.

But this T-Rob thing does bother me. A lost recruiting class is something that is so tough to overcome. The signal this would send to recruits is so damaging and completely usurps Mac's first ten days on the job.

Absolutely correct about the defense. Of course there was talent on D and at times it looked imposing but people didn't realize the entire picture. The most important thing like you mentioned is can an opposing offense score when they need to. When the game is on the line I felt like our defense gave up the score more often than they held.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gloves are off I guess.
@RKingGator: Watching the Muschamp presser at Auburn. Couple of things: 1) He took a sizeable shot at UF's facilities 2) Be grateful for GatorVision

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n130899 said:
Surely this violates the exclamation point rule. The whimpering and whining is deafening on this board this morning. Let's not feel pressure, let's apply it. In Mac we Trust.

Not sure how calling a GA bulldawg TRASH is whimpering or whining? Or how it is deafening. You may want to take your own advice.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Morgan_Moriarty: Shots fired RT @wareagleextra: Muschamp says recruits always tell him how nice housing was at Auburn. "It's nice to be on this side of it."

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ThomasGoldkamp: Muschamp on recruiting clause in contract: If Auburn was previously recruiting guys Florida was recruiting, he can go get 'em for Tigers.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Wray;n130907 said:
I give Muschamp 2-3 years before he leaves AU for a HC job. I doubt we see him as a DC when we play Auburn next.

WM will never be a head coach again. Just because someone is cut out to be a project manager doesn't mean they will be a successful CEO,

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n130921 said:
@Morgan_Moriarty: Shots fired RT @wareagleextra: Muschamp says recruits always tell him how nice housing was at Auburn. "It's nice to be on this side of it."

This facilities argument is so ridiculous. Do you think if Saban, Dumbo, or Urban walked into your living room and told your son he could win NCs and go to the NFL, but he had to practice in a parking lot and live in a barn, they'd say, "you know what, I'll pass because Auburn has really neat dorms."

WM, your recruiting at UF didn't struggle because of lack of facilities, you were just a sh!tty head coach. Face it bro

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Just another piece of UGA trash now. Justice would be us getting to Atlanta next fall and hanging 50 on his ass. Screw it, I hope Petrino hangs 50 on him in Atlanta in that opener.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
williston_gator;n130921 said:

Double wides are nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.