Muschamp's last lie - little talent, no depth

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
"Don't let the next guy tell you there ain't any good players"

I beg to differ. I mean sure there are a few. VH3, Tabor, Wilson... Hmm that's about it. Fowler and probably Bullard are gone. Who is left that is dominant? Qb-not hardly. RB- I like KT, but he's not dominant. That may be because NO ONE in the last 2 Olines has been better than horrible. We may never know. WR- DRob sometimes. DLine- Cox is serviceable, but surrounded by Meh. LB- uh, no dominance here, sir. Other than corner and safety, nothing looks dominant.

And don't talk about about development. How much development did Dalvin Cook, Leonard Fournette, Derrick Henry etc etc get/need when they got on campus. Muschamp's lack of offense has set this program way back and the defense has seen its recent best. If anyone has a different opinion of this roster, I'd like to hear it. I'm afraid the suck will be here awhile after Muschamp is long gone.

As my main man Ox would say : Discuss.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Albert;n119305 said:
I beg to differ. I mean sure there are a few. VH3, Tabor, Wilson... Hmm that's about it. Fowler and probably Bullard are gone. Who is left that is dominant? Qb-not hardly. RB- I like KT, but he's not dominant. That may be because NO ONE in the last 2 Olines has been better than horrible. We may never know. WR- DRob sometimes. DLine- Cox is serviceable, but surrounded by Meh. LB- uh, no dominance here, sir. Other than corner and safety, nothing looks dominant..

Exactly.

We are Kintucky with a few good/great CBs.

What an embarrassment that azzhat is. It's so good to know that dawgshiiit will never be seen in orange and blue again.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought his statement regarding Gerald Willis is an example of the reason he needed to go, paraphrasing, if I were staying as coach he'd be kicked off the team. That's moronic, unfair to Willis and disrespectful to an 18 year old kid and his family.

Looking forward to a winner and a thinker, coming in.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Albert;n119305 said:
"Don't let the next guy tell you there ain't any good players"

I beg to differ. I mean sure there are a few. VH3, Tabor, Wilson... Hmm that's about it. Fowler and probably Bullard are gone. Who is left that is dominant? Qb-not hardly. RB- I like KT, but he's not dominant. That may be because NO ONE in the last 2 Olines has been better than horrible. We may never know. WR- DRob sometimes. DLine- Cox is serviceable, but surrounded by Meh. LB- uh, no dominance here, sir. Other than corner and safety, nothing looks dominant.

And don't talk about about development. How much development did Dalvin Cook, Leonard Fournette, Derrick Henry etc etc get/need when they got on campus. Muschamp's lack of offense has set this program way back and the defense has seen its recent best. If anyone has a different opinion of this roster, I'd like to hear it. I'm afraid the suck will be here awhile after Muschamp is long gone.

As my main man Ox would say : Discuss.

Soooo if the new coach turns us around immediately what do you say then? LOL Every year is different my friend. We have some good players that just need to be coached up in my opinion. But carry on with the bashing of our former coach. I am going to choose to focus on the new one.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Did Driskel suck? Yes, as did no less than 20 offensive players around him. He just got the magnifying glass treatment. And absolutely dismal LB play since Bostic/Jenkins. You can't win a championship when your only dominant players are 10 yds off the ball on defense.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
the_alphagator1906;n119332 said:
Soooo if the new coach turns us around immediately what do you say then? LOL Every year is different my friend. We have some good players that just need to be coached up in my opinion. But carry on with the bashing of our former coach. I am going to choose to focus on the new one.
Who are the good players in your opinion? Name some names.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It is a combination of both. But the big part of WM's failures is the evaluation of talent, coaching them up, and an on-field sense of discipline. Not to mention the misses and failing to close on some recruits. Sure the cupboard is not bare but what is the overall talent level in the cabinet??? Epic fail by WM. Sure a new coach with some sort of a clue and get more out of these guys. But a need to land these recruits that get away is a priority. And not to mention these recruits also have seen WM's sense of you play when you're in the system a while. No doubt there are more talented players that are freshmen than some of the upperclassmen. Best players must play. Period.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n119408 said:
It is a combination of both. But the big part of WM's failures is the evaluation of talent, coaching them up, and an on-field sense of discipline. Not to mention the misses and failing to close on some recruits. Sure the cupboard is not bare but what is the overall talent level in the cabinet??? Epic fail by WM. Sure a new coach with some sort of a clue and get more out of these guys. But a need to land these recruits that get away is a priority. And not to mention these recruits also have seen WM's sense of you play when you're in the system a while. No doubt there are more talented players that are freshmen than some of the upperclassmen. Best players must play. Period.

I knew Muschamp was crazy (besides keeping Driskel in there so long) when he named Burton and McGee co-starters. I doubt there is any other SEC Coach where that could have happened.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n119413 said:
I knew Muschamp was crazy (besides keeping Driskel in there so long) when he named Burton and McGee co-starters. I doubt there is any other SEC Coach where that could have happened.

Absolutely, he just dosen't....I mean, didn't get it.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Playcalling has played a role but there are some less than average players across the board no doubt. I've also lost a lot of faith in Summers as oline coach. I know the talent isn't what it should be but there are a lot of teams who get more out of the same caliber players we have there. Until this improves we will never know how good some of our skill position players are IMO.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Plenty of talent on the defense, even with two starters injured last week they held up well. On offense we are lacking at least in development and most likely in raw talent as well. it will take a couple of years to get equal to the best, but improvement should be quite fast.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
From what I am hearing, Willis has already made it know that he is transferring.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GIGator;n119437 said:
From what I am hearing, Willis has already made it know that he is transferring.

That's not good news. I know he has an attitude but if we start losing dline guys like him we will be as bad as Vandy.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The coaches all suck, the players all suck, recruting sucks, Foley sucks, the coaching search sucks, special teams suck, the facilities suck, the stadium sucks, Billy D and his team suck, pumpers suck, Driskel sucks, Will and his whole family suck, people that disagree with everything sucks, suck.
There, did I miss anyone or thing? Carry on negative nancys. Forgot one for you guys, All the future coaching posilbilities real and mostly imagined suck.
Here is what I observed last night. Another loss (SHOOT ME GOD THE WORLD IS OVER) I saw the Def. play so well they took the best QB and WR tandem out of the game. They gave up just two offens. TDs to the top team in America on their home field. I saw our offense strggle again and again. I saw guys knocking he sh#t out of the opponent play after play. I saw a great FR RB for fsu get some great yrdage but never hit the endzone. All that said, pile on these guys that never quit (unlike many f'n fans) and denigrate them constantly because it is what great fans of their team do. I watched our rivals do it for many years when we were top dog. As for me, it is a new day, new coaches, renewed optimism and as always I will be a Fla gator and pull for my team and the leaders of said team. Here is a hint, do NOT let your joy and happiness and ego be so tied to a group of teens to early twenty years olds that you lose your perspective, show your asss and generally appear as a dBg when you do. Gooooooooooooo Gaatorssssss

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
stephenPE;n119451 said:
The coaches all suck, the players all suck, recruting sucks, Foley sucks, the coaching search sucks, special teams suck, the facilities suck, the stadium sucks, Billy D and his team suck, pumpers suck, Driskel sucks, Will and his whole family suck, people that disagree with everything sucks, suck.
There, did I miss anyone or thing? Carry on negative nancys. Forgot one for you guys, All the future coaching posilbilities real and mostly imagined suck.
Here is what I observed last night. Another loss (SHOOT ME GOD THE WORLD IS OVER) I saw the Def. play so well they took the best QB and WR tandem out of the game. They gave up just two offens. TDs to the top team in America on their home field. I saw our offense strggle again and again. I saw guys knocking he sh#t out of the opponent play after play. I saw a great FR RB for fsu get some great yrdage but never hit the endzone. All that said, pile on these guys that never quit (unlike many f'n fans) and denigrate them constantly because it is what great fans of their team do. I watched our rivals do it for many years when we were top dog. As for me, it is a new day, new coaches, renewed optimism and as always I will be a Fla gator and pull for my team and the leaders of said team. Here is a hint, do NOT let your joy and happiness and ego be so tied to a group of teens to early twenty years olds that you lose your perspective, show your asss and generally appear as a dBg when you do. Gooooooooooooo Gaatorssssss

You forgot the waterboys and cheerleaders.....just sayin

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n119451 said:
:facepalm:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n119451 said:

The coaches sucked...the players needed coaches that didn't suck to coach them up better. Muschamp was a lousy coach. He failed those kids for 4 years.

The kids will be fine. They won't have that raving lunatic foaming on the sideline anymore losing games he shouldn't.

Muschamp was worthless and his record showed it. Take that $6 mill and get lost. He invented ways to lose.

I AM SO EXCITED TO GET SOME NEW BLOOD IN HERE AND WASH THE STINK OF THE CHUMP AWAY!!!!

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n119537 said:
Who the **** is Muschamp? There is no one by that name on our coaching staff.
Ahhhh, a breath of fresh air.

But the program still has a whiff of wet dawg in it. Open the windows and spray again, boys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator