My best vacation ever(excessive picture warning)

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Our family vacation got off to a rough start when we called the night before we were to check into the resort we were to stay in for a 7 day get a way in Vero Beach. It seems that 2 days earlier all the oceanfront condos had been damaged from excessive rain ....Thanks for letting us know a$$holes.....What a disaster and the night before the weekend leading up to July 4th didn't make matters any better...we were screwed!!! Or so I thought.

The next morning as I was trying to think of something to take my mind off what happened my wife comes to me and says, "Honey, start getting the things together I think I found us a house on the beach in Vero." Sure, I said because at this point I didn't care where we stayed I just needed to get her and my kid away for a while.
The next day I loaded all of our stuff up and off we went headed east toward the coast. At that point I ask her to put the address into navigation on the truck and after a stop at Publix for some food and such this is where we ended up....
upload_2017-7-7_18-13-47.png
upload_2017-7-7_18-14-52.png
House my ass, this place was a flippin 8000 square foot crib on the beach with all the amenities built in.
7 bedrooms and 7.5 bathrooms.....
upload_2017-7-7_18-21-2.png
Pretty impressive entry way led to the home theatre area and pool patio on the first level. And with all the sh!t my woman brings with her on a trip plus the grocery's I was more than glad to see an elevator to get all that stuff up to the second floor.
upload_2017-7-7_18-29-33.png
upload_2017-7-7_18-30-50.png
Once we made our way upstairs this was the view we had from the living room.
upload_2017-7-7_18-33-0.png
The views from our master were pretty nice as well. Path to the Beach and pool from the master.
upload_2017-7-7_18-36-0.png
upload_2017-7-7_18-37-33.png
upload_2017-7-7_18-40-36.png
View of the Beach looking South from the living room balcony....It's a nature preserve which means almost no one on the beach for miles because of limited access. In fact we have only seen maybe 15-20 people within viewing distance of the house in the 6 days we've been here. It's literally like a private beach.
upload_2017-7-7_18-45-38.png
Here's the walkway that leads from the backyard/pool area to the beach....We had use of kayaks, chairs, fishing rods, surfboards, beach towels and it had it's own outdoor shower for rinsing off when returning from the beach to the pool...I've been to several resorts that didn't offer as much as this house and we had it all to ourselves.
All of the televisions were the type that the screens came out of a cabinet so they didn't block any of the view unless you were watching them which was pretty well thought out to me.
The second day, Monday, I took my stepson, who had come up for a couple of days with his girlfriend, fishing on a charter out of Sebastian Inlet while the wife entertained her daughter and son in law with our grand daughter who came up from Orlando to stay for the day. It was great to have all the other rooms and bathrooms while they were there. The rest of the week has been just the wife and my 9 year old son and we took another offshore fishing charter on Thursday which was nothing short of spectacular...We absolutely crushed the fish.....We head back tomorrow but I sure would love to stay another couple of days here....I'll post a couple more pictures in another post since I'm limited out in this one....

Talk about going from feeling totally f vcked to totally stoked though and that's what has made this the best vacation I've ever had :lol:

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
A few more photos of the view....
upload_2017-7-7_19-22-41.png
House from behind.
upload_2017-7-7_19-24-38.png
This is a shot of the beach from the walk way at around noon today....There was never anyone else around except an occasional jogger/walker.
upload_2017-7-7_19-31-44.png

View from living room balcony which catches the seasonal SE tradewinds and pulls them in acting as a breezeway. There was a very nice built in grill which cooked most of our dinners, and it was a great place to relax while eating in the evening breeze.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
1. How much did it cost to rent?
2. How'd she find it for rent (VRBO)?

I'm asking for a friend that might want to rent it.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
1. How much did it cost to rent?
2. How'd she find it for rent (VRBO)?

I'm asking for a friend that might want to rent it.
I believe it was #2
.......As for #1 she told me not to ask....:lol2: We met the owner when we arrived at the house...He had just flown in that day from New York and I guess he has a couple of houses in the area. Really nice guy.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I believe it was #2
.......As for #1 she told me not to ask....:lol2: We met the owner when we arrived at the house...He had just flown in that day from New York and I guess he has a couple of houses in the area. Really nice guy.

People with that kind of money can pay others to be pissed off for them.

NY huh? Was he of the Italian persuasion? :suspect:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks awesome Crete. Hope that bad weather moves on for yall

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
People with that kind of money can pay others to be pissed off for them.

NY huh? Was he of the Italian persuasion? :suspect:
We were wondering the same too...Google and Facebook said this dude has his hand in just about everything...food distribution, winery, restaurants, real estate.....He also told me he would sell me this house for only $4.5M.....I would have thought it would be more and it sounds like a deal to me so I told him I would talk it over with my wife and get back to him.....:lol:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We were wondering the same too...Google and Facebook said this dude has his hand in just about everything...food distribution, winery, restaurants, real estate.....He also told me he would sell me this house for only $4.5M.....I would have thought it would be more and it sounds like a deal to me so I told him I would talk it over with my wife and get back to him.....:lol:
sounds about right actually. You can get some pretty large nice houses on the beach on the gulf coast for less than that I've seen, like half that. Perhaps not as decked out as that ome though

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I had just had to stock up for my beach trip next week....

IMG_2393.jpg

That should just about do it. (Beer is for the wife).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator