My brilliant idea

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I have been on Univ Ave after every title celebration. Even the 84 SEC title. My most recent memories are those National titles in Basketball. They unmitigated joy (except for LEOs keeping a little order) was a sight to see and experience. The first BB title I had my large gator flag on a pole and was accosted often to have a pic taken with it. Here is my idea. We win the next one in FB or BB and somehow all those within striking distance show up and we have a chatter celebration right there on UNIV Ave. :pumper: Ox will even bring the official chatter flag...............we all have chatter t-shirt (orange and blue of course) with our screen names on the back.............Brad will bring the Jameson. Cooter and CHevy will cook up some food and briskets for the meal after. Law and Rex will make conciliatory speeches and apologize for not "believing" Law will make a reference to short pants (if the BB team wins it first).

It was said the built a bon fire RIGHT in the middle of 13th and univ when Ray Graves led our boys to victory over the Bear on his home field when Joe Willie was his QB. Wisht I had seen that.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
:wobble: what does it say when one of the oldest has the most enthusiasm and hope for gator success? I can see hardware in the next 5-6 years at worst.
We'll all be in our 80s the next time it happens.
So we won't party as hardy maybe..........:bananarope:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Mac will lead us to glory. Those 3 stars will play like 5 stars. Even Law will become a Trask believer. It's going to happen. Hallelujah!!!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I bet I outlive more than two or three in here not counting the older fellas............we all gonna die but just dont know when..............WHICH IS WHY my outlook on the gators (and most of life) is with more optimism and enthusiasm than lots of other folks.........and it aint in the pill I took today.........

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
8568eb13940126b4660e551c72fdae56.gif

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Heard on the radio that someone in the program stated that Trask has as big an arm as Franks, but he doesn't show it because he has a better feel for throwing a catchable ball. Also, they feel that Trask has more ability and potential, but they have concerns about his experience, and want him to have more reps before putting him in. So if a freshman plays, it will be Franks, but only because he has more game experience. Regardless of what happens in the bowl game, there will be a wide open competition. If Stidham comes here, they don't expect him to stay more than two years.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It was said the built a bon fire RIGHT in the middle of 13th
and univ when Ray Graves led our boys to victory over the Bear on his home field when Joe Willie was his QB.
Wisht I had seen that.

1963, my freshman year. It was an away game. It's listed as Bear Bryant's first loss at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
On Saturday mornings, the library was the only sane place to study pre-game. It was a cold, windy morning.
On my walk to the Library, I took a "back-alley" shortcut. My mind was puzzled by seeing behind a fraternity
house a sloppy pile of long old scrap-boards. (Who stores wood that way? = some guys planning on using it
right away.) Puzzled, I went on to the library.

I listened to the game and on victory the campus celebration pulled me out to be among our revelers. The crowd
was a flowing tidal wave (or anti-tide wave?). At the main traffic light (US Highway 441 = Federal Offense?), I saw
those long boards gouging toward the sky, just under that traffic light. The blaze was just beginning.

The event got too wild for me, so I returned to my dorm room. I got the Sunday newspaper to read details
about our monumental win. The tales of that fan-celebration filled the first pages = to wit :
A fireman said : "On arriving, we jumped off the truck pulling out our heavy, new hose ($12,000). Plenty of
student guys started helping. When we got to the bonfire, those students kept pushing the hose -- they fed it
to the fire. That hose was ruined."
There was another description : All traffic at that 441 intersection was stood still, as that flood of people
swarmed tight around all vehicles. Some foolish driver, of a Tom's Crackers delivery truck (Tom-foolish driver?)
made the mistake of honking his horn. That crowd-mass turned in unison, like a menancing Rockets dance team.
They rocked that panel-truck back-forth, scaring that poor driver for life.

It was SHAMEFUL -- (now said with a nostalgic pride?).

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:eek:ldman: I'll be there...

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Heard on the radio that someone in the program stated that Trask has as big an arm as Franks, but he doesn't show it because he has a better feel for throwing a catchable ball. Also, they feel that Trask has more ability and potential, but they have concerns about his experience, and want him to have more reps before putting him in. So if a freshman plays, it will be Franks, but only because he has more game experience. Regardless of what happens in the bowl game, there will be a wide open competition. If Stidham comes here, they don't expect him to stay more than two years.

Because Franks has HS game experience they are putting him over Trask? Neither has played a down in college and I'd prefer they play the guy who does best in practice if they are going to play either one. I honestly don't think Mac plays either kid... I don't think he burns the redshirt. I think he should. There is no reason to play AA or LDR.

LDR needs to go after his tweet. You don't call out your fan base because they are pissed you aren't winning. That is just stupid. If they truly didn't care... they wouldn't be pissed.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
LDR needs to go after his tweet. You don't call out your fan base because they are pissed you aren't winning. That is just stupid. If they truly didn't care... they wouldn't be pissed.
Would be ok for him to call out the individual fans that called him out? If he reads this place he must know what a sorry POS QB he is............. Twitter must be the new way to communicate as the new guy certainly gets some mileage and attention out of it..........

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Would be ok for him to call out the individual fans that called him out? If he reads this place he must know what a sorry POS QB he is............. Twitter must be the new way to communicate as the new guy certainly gets some mileage and attention out of it..........

These kids need to realize that twitter is going to bring them fame and pain... there are vocal idiots who will tweet nasty things at you if you are in a position like starting QB for UF. It is just the way it is... ignore it or respond directly if you really feel it is necessary, but to tweet "In all kinds of "Fair" weather"... is insulting to all Florida fans.

I honestly don't want to see him wear the uniform after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.