Napier’s first full offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We'll see if Mertz has any pride. Man, I'd have this crap pinned on the wall of my dorm in every room. I'd want to see it while I was brushing my teeth. Listening to everyone, you'd think this guy was literally the worst QB in the nation.

I'd love to see him give all the haters (including a number on this board- "sure am glad to eat crow, guys!") a big sh!tburger to eat.

Agreed. A big season would not only be great for our team but seeing all the haters have it crammed in their face would be awesome.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
The reality is we can go on and on debating that attractive people statistically have a higher rate of success than ugly people, but ugly people still succeed.

It’s like the thread that usually starts with “do stars really matter” and after the blow hards are done blowing hard (like your mom…couldn’t resist) we agree that more stars equates to better players. But the Kyle Trask 2 stars can succeed.

I like our new DC, a lot actually. I think he’s gonna bring the heat without going Leroy Jenkins. And, he’s bringing in the ‘croots.

But he looks like a nerd. However, he bagged a hot wife so he’s doing something right. I hope his lady skills translate to the field.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
The reality is we can go on and on debating that attractive people statistically have a higher rate of success than ugly people, but ugly people still succeed.

It’s like the thread that usually starts with “do stars really matter” and after the blow hards are done blowing hard (like your mom…couldn’t resist) we agree that more stars equates to better players. But the Kyle Trask 2 stars can succeed.

I like our new DC, a lot actually. I think he’s gonna bring the heat without going Leroy Jenkins. And, he’s bringing in the ‘croots.

But he looks like a nerd. However, he bagged a hot wife so he’s doing something right. I hope his lady skills translate to the field.
bill gates GIF

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not in coaching.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I'm just happy that Toney is gone. I don't think the record will be significantly better than last year, but our defense will at least have a pulse. We'll just have to see about the offense.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I like the guy but he does kinda have to prove himself. It's not unreasonable to feel that way.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We'll see if Mertz has any pride. Man, I'd have this crap pinned on the wall of my dorm in every room. I'd want to see it while I was brushing my teeth. Listening to everyone, you'd think this guy was literally the worst QB in the nation.

I'd love to see him give all the haters (including a number on this board- "sure am glad to eat crow, guys!") a big sh!tburger to eat.
:raisehand: I volunteer to give him enough bulletin board material to last him for the rest of his career!

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Should be above average on O if Brown or Mertz have a pulse
Would rather see us roll with Brown from the beginning and let him learn as he goes. The spring game showed that Mertz knows where the open receivers are, he just can't hit them. At least Brown has an arm.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Billy Napier Needs a Hat.

Spurrier had his visor, Bear Bryant had his houndstooth, Bum Phillips had his Ten Gallon hat, Belichick his hoodie, and Larry his Fedora.

Don't get me wrong, I like Coach Napier, but bare-head Billy invites the Carl jokes and looks like he's been kept behind barbed wire until liberated recently by Patton's 3rd Army.

Self-barbering never looks good when you use the same #3 attachment all over. Curly Lambeau had a shock of hair that befit the moniker; Curly Howard not so much.

And a good brim on that hat will shade your eyes from the glare of stadium lights and the sun...all the better to keep track of the play clock and timeouts.

A good hat can turn a tic-tac-toe player into a chess master, a sideline goober into a football savant with daring and dash; a pigskin man-of-mystery: "What's he thinking over there? What's going on under that iconic hat?"
Screenshot_20230708_063548_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20230708_063503_Google.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.