Napier’s first full offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
OK, any others during the 2009 to 2022 window?

Unfortunately, Jeff Driskel was very experienced here.

I think a better way of stating our QB woes is this stat. In the 13 seasons since Tebow, only three times(‘18, ’20 and ‘22) did the QB who started week 1 finish a complete season. Either injury, suspension or benching has caused a QB change 10 of the last 13 seasons. For perspective, in the 20 years that preceded(‘90-‘09), this only happened 6 times, and was never due to injury.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Who was the one guy who wanted to be a no ads member, but still have the ads turned on because he liked to see them. That was really intriguing.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Unfortunately, Jeff Driskel was very experienced here.

I think a better way of stating our QB woes is this stat. In the 13 seasons since Tebow, only three times(‘18, ’20 and ‘22) did the QB who started week 1 finish a complete season. Either injury, suspension or benching has caused a QB change 10 of the last 13 seasons. For perspective, in the 20 years that preceded(‘90-‘09), this only happened 6 times, and was never due to injury.
Excellent way to sum up our ineptness at QB since Tim left. The only one who exceeded expectations was Trask and it was a miracle he was on the roster at the right time. I think of the chart posted earlier about OL and how Torrence is the first OL player since the Pounceys to leave a legacy mark. This class and the portal acquisitions should give us a clue as to BN's success at UF. Thanks for the excellent clarification.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
If only AR was more like Penix. He could have stood tall and proud in the pocket, master of his domain, shooting ropes all over the field, until everyone was completly satisfied with his performance.

Yes, yes indeed. Instead, AR stood in the pocket resembling a statue. You know, concrete feet, slow as hell to react. Slow as hell with his throwing motion. Concrete head that wouldn’t turn & move to look off safety’s & DBs. But somehow, he’s going to be a top 3 pick in the first round. Go figure. :lol:

**EDIT**- And I don’t begrudge AR at all. It’s nice work if you can get it. I can’t, maybe he can…but it’s still a head scratcher as to how.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Somebody is going to get a good RB, Carson Steele from Ball St. Watched him play some, he's a beast.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Yes, yes indeed. Instead, AR stood in the pocket resembling a statue. You know, concrete feet, slow as hell to react. Slow as hell with his throwing motion. Concrete head that wouldn’t turn & move to look off safety’s & DBs. But somehow, he’s going to be a top 3 pick in the first round. Go figure. :lol:

**EDIT**- And I don’t begrudge AR at all. It’s nice work if you can get it. I can’t, maybe he can…but it’s still a head scratcher as to how.

I’ve been seeing a lot of Josh Allen comparisons lately as far as development potential. Some GM is going to try it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator