Status
Not open for further replies.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Based on what you saw when they were in the O & B, did you expect Trent Brown and Fred Johnson to last this long in the NFL? (Brown in particular has far exceeded what he showed at UF. He was a 7th rounder and he just completed his 9th season!) Did you think Jean Delance or Jeremiah Moon would make it past training camp? I sure didn't, but both are currently on that list.
Not only that, but still fat-ass Trent Brown has taken $65 million smackeroos out of the NFL’s hide since 2015 draft….mostly from pulling a fast one on the Raiders….and still he is a joy to watch and possibly the best LT in the league when with the Patriots line coach.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Based on what you saw when they were in the O & B, did you expect Trent Brown and Fred Johnson to last this long in the NFL? (Brown in particular has far exceeded what he showed at UF. He was a 7th rounder and he just completed his 9th season!) Did you think Jean Delance or Jeremiah Moon would make it past training camp? I sure didn't, but both are currently on that list.
Trent Brown and Fred Johnson were good at Florida. Moon was not on an active roster and neither was Delance. Yes, that is exactly what I expected.

Separately, I admit I did focus more on our defensive players (again Moon not being active) as that side had far worse coaching and was the subject of the initial discussion regarding Dean, Stiner, Taylor, etc.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There is not a single guy in the NFL now from UF that is doing better than would have been expected based on UF performance from the last 4 coaching regimes (there are some from the Meyer years).

Here's the list - 2023 Florida Gators in the NFL | Ourlads.com
Trent Brown and Fred Johnson were good at Florida. Moon was not on an active roster and neither was Delance. Yes, that is exactly what I expected.

Separately, I admit I did focus more on our defensive players (again Moon not being active) as that side had far worse coaching and was the subject of the initial discussion regarding Dean, Stiner, Taylor, etc.
Don’t change the details and definitions in the middle of the game. :lol2:

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
Hornsby (the scooter passenger of a friend’s dead girlfriend credit card stealer) to Patriciate(that fat bitch) to Delance (that turnstile MF)…
Damn it’s hard to catch up after a couple of days away from lurking

My head is spinning (that might be the beer talking)

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Regardless, sounds like they’d both prefer astroturf over grass.
giphy.gif

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
“As of my training data (2021), there are no specific "NIL laws" for college athletes in Florida. However, the state has passed the "Florida Fair Pay to Play Act" in June 2021, which allows college athletes to earn compensation for the use of their name, image, and likeness (NIL) starting July 1, 2023. This makes Florida one of the first states in the US to enact such legislation, which is aimed at providing compensation to student-athletes who have long been prohibited from being paid despite the huge financial profits generated by college sports.”

chatgpt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member