***NCAA Tournament*** Florida vs Wisconsin

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Also lost in the mix were some HORRIBLE no calls by the refs in this game. There are 3 that jump to mind:
1. Near end of regulation, Showalter clearly carries the ball in his little "stutter step then launch prayer" three
2. End of regulation long inbounds pass - our Hayes (I think) gets mugged...no call
3. End of OT, their Hayes takes about 6 steps before sinking the go-ahead basket with 4 seconds left. Watching the slo-mo replay I was going ballistic.

There were many others...Napp (I think was his name..pretty boy) traveled every time he touched the ball, but got called once.

I thought it was horrible officiating. I don't mind letting them play in the tourney, but those were just horrible. We overcame the adversity on the court!

Not to mention getting mugged a lot, using your elbow to make room should always be a foul.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Watching our last play in regulation again, it looks like that was set up for D-Rob to catch at the top of the key and dish to Barry, who was waiting about five feet from the basket. Unfortunately, Wisconsin's guys got a hand on the pass and ran over D-Rob in the process. Would have been epic if we had pulled that off, but all's well that ends well. 1:56 mark of this video.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
This is a VERY TOUGH time for Haters and Complainers and TROLLS as we go into the ELITE 8 which means if you don't already know that there are ONLY 8 teams left in the NCAA Tourney!! You don't have to play up to your potential to WIN. Cheese played up to his potential in that last second shot and we WIN. Gators WIN and you TROLLS LOSE!! Go Gators!!

Also as amazing as Chiozza's shot, Jbossgator8 "OWNED and DESTROYED" comes in low key and subdued after that shot.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Charles Barkley called Barry's block the play of the game during the pregame show today.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When you win a game in OT, esp this late in the season, you can usually look back and ID four or five plays that could classify as play of the game.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Also lost in the mix were some HORRIBLE no calls by the refs in this game. There are 3 that jump to mind:
1. Near end of regulation, Showalter clearly carries the ball in his little "stutter step then launch prayer" three
2. End of regulation long inbounds pass - our Hayes (I think) gets mugged...no call
3. End of OT, their Hayes takes about 6 steps before sinking the go-ahead basket with 4 seconds left. Watching the slo-mo replay I was going ballistic.

There were many others...Napp (I think was his name..pretty boy) traveled every time he touched the ball, but got called once.

I thought it was horrible officiating. I don't mind letting them play in the tourney, but those were just horrible. We overcame the adversity on the court!
I was at a bar and yelled 'bull****' pretty loud many times and I thought the mgmt might say something to me, but I'm kind of a regular as we eat there as a family a lot, so I think they let me slide. And I was correct about the bull**** calls. :proud:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought it was Leon. Regardless, I think we all agree that was a felony mugging, along with a few other no-calls.
It was DRob - Leon had been mugged and bowled over so many other times though, I know why you might think it was him again.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Robinson was the one who got fouled on the play at the end of regulation. He got absolutely mugged and they swallowed their whistles.
I liked that play call there too. We were trying to pull a Christian laetner on em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.