New coaching staff #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
It's need to be in the bylaws of this Board that the name gruden can never be mentioned again. Sick of hearing about this dipshyte

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Ray Finkle;n147604 said:
Yeah turns out he was staying in the box because he didn't want to be a head coach again. Nobody had offered him his dream job of coaching wrs :lol:
He doesn't want the responsibility of the HC. He has learned he likes coaching and mentoring young men on a level only a WR coach has. He wants to continue running camps like he has been doing in Tampa. He also wants to stay close to home.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
GatorTAG;147646 said:
He doesn't want the responsibility of the HC. He has learned he likes coaching and mentoring young men on a level only a WR coach has. He wants to continue running camps like he has been doing in Tampa. He also wants to stay close to home.
I rarely regret playing along with a good joke, but I'm starting to. Calm your tits.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;147604 said:
Yeah turns out he was staying in the box because he didn't want to be a head coach again. Nobody had offered him his dream job of coaching wrs :lol:

This made me LOL

Singularity

Dec 18, 2014
I'm thinking the OSU WR coach or an NFL guy like Dooley. Waiting game at this point. Impressed with the rest of the staff.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Singularity;n147732 said:
I'm thinking the OSU WR coach or an NFL guy like Dooley. Waiting game at this point. Impressed with the rest of the staff.

Not sure I could stomach seeing Dooley on the sideline. Would he be wide receivers coach and hygiene coordinator?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n147812 said:
My money is on Zach Smith
Kinda what I was thinking. Didn't realize he was a gator grad

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont think Zach Smith will make me smile. I think the next 1000 yard receiver he has will be his first. At least Dooley would be a big name guy who seems to be well liked, like all coaches are that lose alot.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n148028 said:
I dont think Zach Smith will make me smile. I think the next 1000 yard receiver he has will be his first. At least Dooley would be a big name guy who seems to be well liked, like all coaches are that lose alot.

you make a good point about Dooley. He's coached a ton of receivers. He put a couple guys in the nfl when he was at Tennessee. And he's spent the last few years working with dez Bryant, that's a pretty big card to play on the recruiting trail. I'd be happy with Smith too, he's supposed be a pretty good recruiter and that system doesn't produce many 1,000 yard receivers

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
GatorInKnox;148202 said:
i feel like that's who it has to be.
I feel it would be a solid hire. Doesn't get me really excited but it just seems like a hire that would fit with the trend

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why would it fit with the trend? He's never coached with Mac. Hasn't had any particular success. I guess Deonte Thompson is his signature player coached. He is still on a practice squad somewhere, right?

I won't lose any sleep but I can't imagine him bringing a smile to my face.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Law98gator;148214 said:
Why would it fit with the trend? He's never coached with Mac. Hasn't had any particular success... maybe that is a trend. I guess Deonte Thompson is his signature player coached. I won't lose any sleep but I can't imagine him being a gamechanger.
When did he coach with Randy? He's very focused on guys who have recruited Florida. That seems like the biggest requirement to me at this point. That and knowing how to coach your position

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No Dooley's please. We have one and being that he's a journalist that's enough. Dooley = Bad Mojo.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Stealth recruiting by our DL coach. MT@DLINECOACH_TW: Good luck tonight to 2 of my former DL Cliff Avril of the #Seahawks and Kawaan Short of the #Panthers in tonights playoff game! #WhosNext

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n148499 said:
Stealth recruiting by our DL coach. MT@DLINECOACH_TW: Good luck tonight to 2 of my former DL Cliff Avril of the #Seahawks and Kawaan Short of the #Panthers in tonights playoff game! #WhosNext

Slick. I like it. It doesn't break any rules, does it?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not unless he's doing it from the living room of one of our recruits.

You guys are paranoid. No contact means no face to face contact and all other contact (phone whatever) must be instigated by the recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator