New from UF football practice

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Latest from BC:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/sights-sounds-notes-from-florida-football-practice-5

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Thursday is the final set of two-a-day practices for the Florida football team.

The Gators will hold their second scrimmage Friday, and it appears the staff will use some new formations and wrinkles on both sides of the ball.

Here are notes from the portions open to the media as well as videos below:

• Offensive starters in the fastball period: quarterback Luke Del Rio, running backs Jordan Cronkrite and Jordan Scarlett, receivers Antonio Callaway, Dre Massey and Brandon Powell, offensive linemen (left to right) David Sharpe, Martez Ivey, Cam Dillard, Tyler Jordan and Fred Johnson.
  • Defensive starters in the fastball period: defensive linemen Bryan Cox Jr., Taven Bryan, Joey Ivie and Jordan Sherit, linebackers Jarrad Davis and Kylan Johnson, cornerbacks Chauncey Gardner and Quincy Wilson, Marcell Harris at nickel and safeties Marcus Maye and Nick Washington.
  • These are some new personnel groupings for the Gators. Having your two most athletic backs and a pair of slot receivers on the field at the same time makes for quite an explosive formation. It’ll be something to watch for this fall.
Luke Del Rio to Brandon Powell. https://t.co/zaQ7W0wSxV

— Zach Abolverdi (@ZachAbolverdi) August 18, 2016

In the secondary, Thursday was Harris’ first time lining up at nickel in front of the media and he played well. Harris had a great coverage on an end-zone pass intended for Powell. He stayed with him from the slot and then put his arms up in front of Powell, causing the ball to go through his hands.
  • Gardner, a safety throughout the spring and most of fall camp, is now practicing with the cornerbacks. Dawson, the projected starter at nickel, is also seeing time on the outside.
Chauncey Gardner, primarily a safety since the spring, now working with the cornerbacks. https://t.co/cZM2umvDXu

During half-skeleton work, tight end DeAndre Goolsby had a nice reception on a corner route and turned it upfield.
  • Tight end C’yontai Lewis and Jalen Tabor, suspended from the team Wednesday for fighting each other, were not at practice as expected. Linebacker Alex Anzalone was also absent for grad school orientation.
  • Wide receivers Tyrie Cleveland and Rick Wells, linebacker Kylan Johnson and cornerback Chris Williamson all practiced. They were in the injury pit when the media last saw them Monday.
  • Cleveland worked with the third team and failed to catch a pair of accurate passes from quarterback Feleipe Franks, who threw well during fastball.
  • In a one-on-drill between receivers and defensive backs, Florida’s first-team secondary did not allow a catch.
First-team DBs didn't allow a catch in this 1-on-1 drill. https://t.co/ydzOYvfBy7

Poor throw from Del Rio, easy PBU for Maye pic.twitter.com/Wk4WiXINmK

— Nick de la Torre (@NickdelaTorreGC) August 18, 2016

Quincy Wilson vs Brandon Powell pic.twitter.com/fGjaXSPYk1

— Nick de la Torre (@NickdelaTorreGC) August 18, 2016

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Did he just pick the good defensive plays to show or is our passing game far from prime time ready right now? Just drills but still.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I read another article where today's drills were set to favor the defense, and DB's responded above the expectations.

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Practice-Notes-Day-15-Defensive-backs-lock-it-down-46829522

"That drill was likely designed to favor the defensive backs -- coach Torrian Gray was working closely with the group while half-skeleton was going on on the middle of the field, plus the receivers ran the same route on every rep -- but it was still impressive nonetheless."

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think I'm going to need a translation. Who speaks Rog around here?

I speak a little "rog"...I've got this.

You see, rog is not a spring chicken. He's not '46 old (who is?), but an elder statesman. Back in his day, babies were fed "pablum", a cross between cream-of-wheat and kindergarten paste. The said babies would often throw up this vile concoction, and this "Pablum Burp Up", or PBU.

Now - "usurping" said PBU means that rog was accusing you of illegally, and maybe even violently trying to steal the true meaning of PBU with your nonsensical "Pass Break Up".

Now the whole baby theme might refer to the kids on the field acting up, or something else. Frankly, I can only translate "rog", I can't get into his head - I'm afraid of what I'd find.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
BNAG8R is right or more succinctly =
This is your brain on drugs; this is your brain on Rog.
As to age, it just struck me, I was the key figure in Franklin's kite-lightning experiment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.