New Nebraska S&C coach sends two to the hospital

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Frost's guy pulled a Willie Taggert/Oregon move:

Frost: Hospitalized players 'my responsibility'; Moos says no suspensions for strength staff

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_9e604ce5-cf8e-5340-9ed2-c2e5be35c850.html

Wide receiver Tyjon Lindsey and defensive lineman Dylan Owen were hospitalized after a winter workout last week, but have been released and have returned to the team, Nebraska coach Scott Frost confirmed to the Journal Star on Tuesday morning.

Lindsey and Owen both were treated for rhabdomyolysis, the first-year Husker head coach said. Lindsey was in the hospital for three days and Owen for two.

"Anything that happens in our program is ultimately my responsibility," Frost said. "Our strength coach and training room were coordinating to do absolutely the best they could to make sure the transition went smooth, but two kids that exerted themselves too far and had (rhabdomyolysis).

---

Nebraska strength coach will not be punished for hospitalization of players

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...hed-for-hospitalization-of-players/ar-BBIuB5A

Nebraska strength coach Zach Duval will not be punished by the school for the hospitalization of two players recently.

Cornhuskers athletic director Bill Moos confirmed on Tuesday to the Lincoln Journal Star’s Parker Gabriel that Duval will not be punished.

#Huskers athletic director Bill Moos confirms through a spokesman that strength coach Zach Duval will not face any punishment or suspension after two players were hospitalized earlier this month with rhabdomyolysis.

— Parker Gabriel (@HuskerExtraPG)
January 30, 2018

The program announced on Tuesday that two players were hospitalized during winter workouts after showing symptoms of rhabdomyolysis. Their urine was discolored following some weight workouts, and the team decided to have them hospitalized as a precautionary measure.

Wide receiver Tyjon Lindsey was hospitalized three days, while defensive lineman Dylan Owen was hospitalized for two. Both were released from the hospital and have returned to the team.

In a statement, Nebraska head coach Scott Frost took responsibility for what happened.

Full quote from Nebraska coach Scott Frost on two players being hospitalized with rhabdo. He takes full responsibility and explains what happened. #huskerspic.twitter.com/fcLoRdlFlV

— Sam McKewon (@swmckewonOWH)
January 30, 2018

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
rhabdomyolysis occurs in 26,000 people per year. Now hear it is in 2 CFB players under this coach? Rhabdo takes quite a long time to show symptoms = really, really brown urine. Often dialysis is treatment. This is confusing claim.
Rhabdo is about muscle breakdown, dissolution of muscle tissue.

I suffered from rhabdo. Mostly, at first I was feeling tingling pain like neuralgia. But soon it attacked my leg muscles with pain so severe & sudden that my thighs felt like someone stabbed a 5 inch knife-blade into them. It was a "screamable" pain. By research I found that in a certain % of people, Statin drugs cause this. I stopped Statins, the rhabdo-muscle deterioration stopped = no more stabbing pain. Doctors tend to insists it's all in your head, 'cause Statins are the most effective drugs at lowering "bad" cholesterol.?? My reaction has to do with a specific 'marker' on a gene that Statins activate in a low % of people. Lots of Doctors don't bother to know this.

Even if all you're feeling is tingling pain, it's still breaking down your muscle fibers. Shouldn't be taking a medicine that harms you.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
rhabdomyolysis occurs in 26,000 people per year. Now hear it is in 2 CFB players under this coach? Rhabdo takes quite a long time to show symptoms = really, really brown urine. Often dialysis is treatment. This is confusing claim.
Rhabdo is about muscle breakdown, dissolution of muscle tissue.

I suffered from rhabdo. Mostly, at first I was feeling tingling pain like neuralgia. But soon it attacked my leg muscles with pain so severe & sudden that my thighs felt like someone stabbed a 5 inch knife-blade into them. It was a "screamable" pain. By research I found that in a certain % of people, Statin drugs cause this. I stopped Statins, the rhabdo-muscle deterioration stopped = no more stabbing pain. Doctors tend to insists it's all in your head, 'cause Statins are the most effective drugs at lowering "bad" cholesterol.?? My reaction has to do with a specific 'marker' on a gene that Statins activate in a low % of people. Lots of Doctors don't bother to know this.

Even if all you're feeling is tingling pain, it's still breaking down your muscle fibers. Shouldn't be taking a medicine that harms you.

Damn Rog, that sounds painful. I hope you’ve made a full recovery with no reoccurrence.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Looks like Frost is weeding out the p vssies early......dehydration is a b1tCH......strength coach needs a raise.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Looks like Frost is weeding out the p vssies early......dehydration is a b1tCH......strength coach needs a raise.
No its called stupidity and over training. The cardinal sin for any S$C coach is to injure your athletes in the gym. I hope this dummy gets a clue before he kills someone.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Where Itraz...would love to hear his commentary on this...do they tell these kids what to look for during these crazy workouts? Hey guys, if your pee is brown tell us before you die please.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In the Army, if a soldier got a heat/dehydration injury, the NCOs and officers got punished. You have to monitor them and make them drink lots and often.

Yeah, some of you old fvkks had coaches that would make you practice without water to "toughen" you up. That is insane.... and, maybe criminal.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
In the Army, if a soldier got a heat/dehydration injury, the NCOs and officers got punished. You have to monitor them and make them drink lots and often.

Yeah, some of you old fvkks had coaches that would make you practice without water to "toughen" you up. That is insane.... and, maybe criminal.
Nah, they just snowflakes. Get with the times dude.
(PS You used to tell us to drink bleach, remember? And I did - just for you and I'm whiter now :) )

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Where is Morgan and Morgan when you need them?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nah, they just snowflakes. Get with the times dude.
(PS You used to tell us to drink bleach, remember? And I did - just for you and I'm whiter now :) )
That was actually an Ox quote that I adopted.

I hope you.drank lots of water too. We need to encourage hydration.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
No its called stupidity and over training. The cardinal sin for any S$C coach is to injure your athletes in the gym. I hope this dummy gets a clue before he kills someone.

***ALERT***...Mike Kent has hacked Diehardg8r and Swamp Donkey’s GatorChatter accounts and is posting messages on this board! :giggle:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

Then they gave us salt pills and laughed their asses off while we puked after 2 a days in August.....never hurt me or my buddies and a lot of these fat ass kids today are real p vssies......I bet no one uses the rope drill to teach proper firing off the ball anymore.....some of my old teammates left practice looking like they had the starring role in the Clint Eastwood movie Hang em high......never killed anyone. Oh and if you reached with your hands when going for a tackle you got your hands duct taped behind your back for the next week at practice....

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
***ALERT***...Mike Kent has hacked Diehardg8r and Swamp Donkey’s GatorChatter accounts and is posting messages on this board! :giggle:
I'm a PT and an athletic trainer educated at the University of Florida. My ex phys prof was Scott Powers and his position on this would be the same as my own. I will stand by my comments and await your reasoning as to why it's necessary to have a workout for UF athletes that could cause massive organ shutdown or even death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator