New support staff hire

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not sure if this is replacing someone we lost or if this is a new addition (position). I'd still like to see more support staff hired, especially on the recruiting side of things:

Florida:
Colorado State manager of digital media & content creation Stan Gilliland has joined the Florida football staff as assistant director of video production. Gilliland spent three years at CSU and previously worked at Wisconsin.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Clearly this is a guy who worked with Mac for a year at CSU. I'm happy with hiring people for support staff. I agree we need recruiting side, but I could argue that video production and digital media are part of recruiting because all of that stuff goes to recruits and influences them.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Clearly this is a guy who worked with Mac for a year at CSU. I'm happy with hiring people for support staff. I agree we need recruiting side, but I could argue that video production and digital media are part of recruiting because all of that stuff goes to recruits and influences them.

I agree that he is being brought on to help with recruiting. The more staff we get to help with recruiting the better.

This guy may also be utilized in preparing game film as well.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
With all the videos and stuff getting posted online, bringing in more guys like tbis makes sense.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Shyt, I was hoping it was Nord's replacement. Can he still take Nord's spot in recruiting? He could certainly do a better job.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So.... last year we hired a HS basketball coach and this year we hire a cameraman.

Yup we seem to really be shoring up the football staff.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Agree, to some degree. But I could argue that every single person employed by the UAA/football staff are part of recruiting. This guy was very likely hired to break down video of our games, practices, and opponents. Maybe he'll take some recruits tape and make it more watchable for the staff when they look at recruits video? Other than that, I'm pretty sure this guy was hired to spend 99% of his time doing non-recruiting work - other than saying "Hi 2018 Recruit. I'm the guy who breaks down video for the team. I hope you come to UF!!!"

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
got to keep up with the Jones, we really have no choice

That's the point....we're not "keeping up". Go look at the "coaches hired at other schools" thread.

We need to add some quality out of work coaches (like Weinke, just hired at Alabama - or - Damian Craig, just hired at FSU, etc). We also need some underlings to assist our recruiting coordinator - Drew Hughes (who was close to taking another job this off-season).

This is our staff directory, you can see all the employees of the entire UAA - scroll down to football. It's very limited;

There is 1 'analyst' and 3 'quality control' assistants. We have the same number of GA's that any D1 school has. There's a few 'program assistant' positions, but I'm not sure what those guys do. Bottom line, we need more staff to assist Hughes (and a few more 'analyst' and 'quality control' positions) if we want to "keep up with the Jones'".

http://floridagators.com/staff.aspx

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
That's the point....we're not "keeping up". Go look at the "coaches hired at other schools" thread.

We need to add some quality out of work coaches (like Weinke, just hired at Alabama - or - Damian Craig, just hired at FSU, etc). We also need some underlings to assist our recruiting coordinator - Drew Hughes (who was close to taking another job this off-season).

This is our staff directory, you can see all the employees of the entire UAA - scroll down to football. It's very limited;

There is 1 'analyst' and 3 'quality control' assistants. We have the same number of GA's that any D1 school has. There's a few 'program assistant' positions, but I'm not sure what those guys do. Bottom line, we need more staff to assist Hughes (and a few more 'analyst' and 'quality control' positions) if we want to "keep up with the Jones'".

http://floridagators.com/staff.aspx
Agree with all you said, that was one of my gripes about Foley, we sacrificed football for other sports; that doesn't happen a Bama. Do you see any of THEM unhappy?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Agree, to some degree. But I could argue that every single person employed by the UAA/football staff are part of recruiting. This guy was very likely hired to break down video of our games, practices, and opponents. Maybe he'll take some recruits tape and make it more watchable for the staff when they look at recruits video? Other than that, I'm pretty sure this guy was hired to spend 99% of his time doing non-recruiting work - other than saying "Hi 2018 Recruit. I'm the guy who breaks down video for the team. I hope you come to UF!!!"

I don't disagree at all...

Steve Carlson

Jan 10, 2017
Our last assistant got a job in a different field early this offseason. Stan has a better resume than the previous guy. He will do minor work with the coaches film and primarily focus on creating highlight videos for the team to watch before every game. he will also work to create videos that are meant to appeal to recruits. as for hiring a "cameraman" he is probably going to film for highlights from field level and edit on a computer just about all day every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator