Next Level QB Camp

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
https://florida.rivals.com/news/preview-of-florida-s-next-level-quarterback-camp

This will be the launch of a QB camp during FNL.

Before anyone gets all crazy about this, I'll just pull it from this article:

One of the kids they are looking at is the back up QB to Ohio State commit Tate Martel (Rivals #1 ranked QB).

HOWEVER - Martell is a senior this year and Dorian Thompson-Robinson is a junior and is slated to start his senior year. So I would not say that this is anything like the Trask situation.

I think this is a really good camp. It really shows that were focusing on the most important position.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Every little thing that promotes Mac as the QB whisperer is good for UF.

FatCatG8r

Aug 10, 2014
OK. Thought I would throw this out there from the end of the article. One of the QBs attending will be Michael Penix Jr. Really? What was his dad thinking when he decided to name his kid after himself? Junior? Really? Pretty much guaranteed he would go out for football just to get the verbal abuse off his back.

Oh, yeah. Didn't think it was worth a new thread, but was driving through the O'dome parking lot today and saw a stream of players headed into the practice fields for off season workouts. First two guys I saw were walking together and looked very much like Cleveland and Wells. Don't know what their status is, but I'm pretty sure it was them. Didn't have time to get my phone out for a snapshot. All the players were wearing orange t-shirts and blue shorts. Looked like the whole team was out there when I drove by the field on 2nd Ave.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
They are also do an OL/DL camp....and a Sophomore Camp.....and a K/P camp.

They should do a TE camp since we only seem to be locked into 1 commit! We need to pull in one more TE in this class....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
From 247:

Florida 2017 quarterback commit Jake Allen is expected to attend. Then a lengthy list of 2018 gunslingers are slated to throw as the Gators search for their signal caller in that class.

Franklin (Ga.) Heard County's Emory Jones, the nation's No. 42 player in the 2018, class is expected. Florida has offered early, but most feel Ohio State is currently the team to beat.

The No. 46 player in the 2018 class, Artur Sitkowski of Old Bridge (N.J.), is an quarterback the Gators could offer after the workout. The 6-foot-4, 215-pound prospect is considering Michigan, Maryland, Rutgers and others at this time.

Dorian Thompson-Robinson might be a backup to Top247 quarterback Tate Martellat Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman, but don't let that fool you. The 2018 quarterback could start at almost any other high school in the nation and is already collecting offers. Thompson-Robinson plans to attend Florida's camp and is ranked No. 74 in the country.

Moore (Okla.) Southmoore signal caller Casey Thompson is another Top247 prospect expected at the camp. The 6-foot, 185-pound prospect is a legacy recruit of the Oklahoma Sooners, but he is making the rounds to several colleges this summer.

Paramus (N.J.) Paramus Catholic's Allan Walters, the nation's No. 168 overall prospect in the 2018 class, is yet another elite arm expected in Gainesville for the two-day camp. The 6-foot-1, 200-pound prospect claims early offers from Alabama, Ole Miss, Rutgers and others.

Three-star 2018 quarterbacks Cade Fortin of Suwanee (Ga.) North Gwinnett, Michael Penix of Tampa (Fla.) Tampa Bay Tech, and James Foster of Montgomery (Ala.) Lanier are expected to attend along with 2019 signal caller Michael Johnson Jr. of Sunnyvale (Calif.) The King's Academy who has early offers from Cal, Florida State and Mississippi State

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
They are also do an OL/DL camp....and a Sophomore Camp.....and a K/P camp.

They should do a TE camp since we only seem to be locked into 1 commit! We need to pull in one more TE in this class....

I'm holding out for a long snapper's camp - it shall be riveting

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.