NFL.com: Top College Rookie Classes 2016

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
basically proves what we already know... chump could recruit but couldn't do anything with the talent.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We could possibly be in the top 5 of that list again next year, and then won't sniff it for several more years.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
basically proves what we already know... chump could recruit but couldn't do anything with the talent.
He could recruit some good defensive players but never could come close to filling needs with complete classes. He was not a good recruiter

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Chump could recruit defense, you see all the contributors are on defense, the only two really mentioned were DBs.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
So three of the top five are SEC and no Bama......but what happened to all those 5*s? :dunno:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So three of the top five are SEC and no Bama......but what happened to all those 5*s? :dunno:

Only 9 players entered the draft, 6 were drafted only one 1st rounder. All the players other than the center Kelly and rb Henry were replacable by 5* depth. It's the fact they didn't have quantity leave last year. The Bucka$$ had 14 players who were draft eligible, and we had 8 (7 of which were drafted), 4 of which were not as easily replaced.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Miss State at # 3. :lol2:

Dak has me nervous now as he has looked very pedestrian his past 3 games. I hope this isn't a big time trend.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Nope, it proves that unbalance recruiting, 75% and the higher picks are on one side the defensive side of the ball, along with bad coaching does not translate into wins. This is part of the reason why going on pure recruiting rankings alone does not tell you how a program is doing.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Miss State at # 3. :lol2:

Dak has me nervous now as he has looked very pedestrian his past 3 games. I hope this isn't a big time trend.

Both him and the play calling has been pedestrian... also the Vikings and Giants are good defensive teams.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Nope, it proves that unbalance recruiting, 75% and the higher picks are on one side the defensive side of the ball, along with bad coaching does not translate into wins. This is part of the reason why going on pure recruiting rankings alone does not tell you how a program is doing.
You're just arguing to argue at this point. All chump was interested in recruiting was defense, and that's all that's there. So just as I said it shows he could get talent but couldn't do anything with it. There's almost no daylight between that and your statement.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You're just arguing to argue at this point. All chump was interested in recruiting was defense, and that's all that's there. So just as I said it shows he could get talent but couldn't do anything with it. There's almost no daylight between that and your statement.

A. I am not trying to argue.

B. My mild disagreement is what is to be learned from what we agreed about. You viewed that it said something about Muschamp which I agree. But I said, "nope" because I think my broader point about recruiting classes is more important.

So sorry if my "nope" struck you as personal. I just think the broader point about recruiting class rankings is one that needs to be made here.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
'Boys fans getting a little worried? :yes:

Worried, not so much, happy for 11-2.. expected an horrible year with the injuries and suspensions. They are in the playoffs, once in the playoffs that is when we will see who is really real, and who are just regular season champs.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Makes you wonder how Urban didn't win the title last year with that much NFL ready talent....

Also... notice that 5/7 from UF are on defense and the two offensive players... Robinson and Taylor haven't really made any impact that I am aware of. Taylor actually got released then signed by Seattle. Robinson hasn't done anything that I am aware of.

So he could recruit defensive talent as we knew, but was horrible on the offensive side of the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator