Nick Saban retires, replaced with DeBoer; elite players fleeing by the hour

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Prepare yourselves...Urban is on the clock.

If they hire Urban, I might just

iu

Alex.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Out of curiosity of who might want to leave I took a look at their '24 recruiting class. Looking more closely, it's an odd mix. While it is the #2 class (per Rivals), they have seven DBs signed, three OLs (only one of whom is a 4*), three 4* DE's (two in the 260# range and one at 220#) and one 3* DT. The signed four LB's, only two of whom are blue chippers and none of whom is over 220#s. For playing in a so-called "Line of Scrimmage" league, that's not a line of scrimmage class.
I doubt any of their better signees are thinking "I should have signed with beelly. It is an odd class. I don't believe they rank as high were it not for the Bama bounce some of their commits likely received. I think they were actually struggling with a month left. Anyway.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am guessing that Greg Byrne and the Bama Prez have already had a conference call with Fooley and Strichnine to pick their brains about hiring a Head Football Coach, given those two morons experience in doing so :lmao2:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
That. Would. Suck.
I will be surprised if Meyer takes the job. Not that Bama won't dabble with the idea but doubt Urban wants to replace his master and now he would have to face Shart. Pizza in Tuscaloosa is average. I see bama going after a good hire, recruiter, someone that they can get rid of in a few years for non performance. Replacing a legend with a home run hire is just too difficult.

Alchemist

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2017
Just another sign of the death of college football. He finally had enough with NIL and the portal and said **** it.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
If NIL and the transfer portal was not such a cluster, I would not doubt that Bama would scour the NFL first for a coach. But College Football has become such a cluster, it is almost easier to stay in the NFL now.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Kinda saw this coming, it's tough to keep grinding when you've been to the mountaintop many times. Good for him.

The coaching search will be interesting to watch how bama proceeds to replacing a winning coach.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
If NIL and the transfer portal was not such a cluster, I would not doubt that Bama would scour the NFL first for a coach. But College Football has become such a cluster, it is almost easier to stay in the NFL now.
Vrabel and Pete Carroll looking for work.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Or he's in his 70's, has more money than he knows what to do with, several great accomplishments, and the hard work and grind just isn't worth it anymore.

No, it’s definitely not anything to do with any of the things you said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.