Nick Saban retires, replaced with DeBoer; elite players fleeing by the hour

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
My concern about DeBoer is that he has always been on the west coast. Not sure how that style of play might translate to the SEC. Hopefully very well but time will tell...
Style of play will translate just fine. Its the relationships with the high school coaches and such that need to translate.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
View attachment 66363

Yeah, nothing screams “Strictly West Coast” like South Dakota, Southern Illinois, Eastern Michigan and Indiana.
Midwest to West Coast guy. That is even way more out there. He is from Sioux Falls and spent most of his time in the western and north western part of the country. Huge culture shock going to Bama.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Midwest to West Coast guy. That is even way more out there. He is from Sioux Falls and spent most of his time in the western and north western part of the country. Huge culture shock going to Bama.
He's been coach for 26 years and 6 were in a state one the west coat which are your words, not mine. The other 20 were in the midwest. Stop moving the goal posts.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
He will be good. He seems like an older Urban Meyer-ish rise. Tons of experience at lower and mid-level programs and quickly moving up. And then he explodes at Utah.

Deboer does the same and exploded at Washington.
I exploded on your sister

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
He's been coach for 26 years and 6 were in a state one the west coat which are your words, not mine. The other 20 were in the midwest. Stop moving the goal posts.
Im not moving the goalposts. Stop being a troll and word nazi. The point is still valid, though it really wasnt that big of a point to begin with. He has no time coaching or living in the South. Its a huge culture shock, like McElwain at Florida...can be a bad fit. Dude is a winner though and nothing Ive really seen about him says he is a goofball like McElwain. Was just pointing out that he could be a Kyle Whittingham type who knows where he wants to be and $ wont lure him away given that he has stayed far west of the Mississippi for his entire adult life.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
It don't make a damn which time zone or hemisphere DeBoer's coached in. He's an elite game day coach. Probably the best hire they could of possibly made, as long as he hires some recruiters.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
It don't make a damn which time zone or hemisphere DeBoer's coached in. He's an elite game day coach. Probably the best hire they could of possibly made, as long as he hires some recruiters.
I'm sure Saban left him the "playbook" for crootin at Bama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator