Nick Saban retires, replaced with DeBoer; elite players fleeing by the hour

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Or when saban went to lsu from MSU
Yeah, but by the time LSU hired him, he had coached in the NFL with 2 different teams.
Just a little different than Sioux Falls.
Meyer, solid example there, and not many people thought he could find the success he did, in the SEC.

Even so, I would take DeBoer over any coach in the SEC right now, Outside of Kirby or Sark.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I won't be here and neither will you. 6/5/24 can't get here fast enough. It's time to put you guys out of your misery.
Please explain, leave no detail out, why you repeatedly threaten to close this place down on it’s 10 year anniversary on the one hand, but beg for support and donations to keep the place open at least a couple of times (months) a year, on the other hand?

Do you even care that this behavior is taking money directly out of your sleazy pockets?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what to expect. It's going to be an interesting year in college football.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Saban is 72 years old. I'm pretty sure Spurrier was 70 when he retired.

Not every coach wants to be like Bowden and wait until he is a liability to his team, stumbling around the sidelines unable to remember the names of his players.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I won't be here and neither will you. 6/5/24 can't get here fast enough. It's time to put you guys out of your misery.
Are we all drinking the koolaid and punching out then?

How I Met Your Mother Reaction GIF by Laff

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Saban is 72 years old. I'm pretty sure Spurrier was 70 when he retired.

Not every coach wants to be like Bowden and wait until he is a liability to his team, stumbling around the sidelines unable to remember the names of his players.

Exactly. Steele had just announced his retirement. Saban told ESPN he had a meeting scheduled for 4 p.m. Wednesday. It was 3:55. He was in his office interviewing prospective coaches and thinking he would need to get that much more involved in the defense with Steele gone. The season had been mentally grueling enough at age 72. "It was a real grind for us to come from where we stared to where we got."

"I was sitting in my chair," Saban went on, "looking at the clock, saying you've got five minutes to decide which speech you're going to give."

At 4 p.m. he pulled the mental rip cord.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like Saban needed to get more involved with the defense with Steele there.

Im sure it is irritating to old school defensive guys who loved run run run offense. The rules make passing offenses even more superior abd keeps the defenses from punishing WRs or QBs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.