NIL discussion: Saban accuses A&M of buying every recruit; Jimbo RIPS Saban in response

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Johnny Depp can sue Amber Heard, I’m confident Jimbo can sue Nick and everyone else connected to the University of Alabama for defamation. We know he can afford the filing fees.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm glad this happened, as hopefully it will push things along quicker to putting some guidelines in place.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Of course Fisher bought every player. I don’t think that was ever even in question. Look at the kids reclassifying to join the ‘22 class(uga had one this week as well). That’s a direct, “you may not be able to get this deal next year” recruiting pitch, as there are discussions taking place about reigning things in.

The problem is that Alabama, like most, kept things quiet and were creative. Most schools bend the rules. They just went further. But as I’ve said since the initial ruling, schools like Alabama aren’t in the same position in a level playing field. They don’t have A&M type money(no one does) and Saban knows it. If this isn’t checked, he will absolutely lose whatever grip he still has on things. This was always going to be a bad thing for the Tide.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
SABAN said every player in last years A&M class was bought and payed for through NIL.
He didn't say A&M broke any law.

And Jimbo didn’t ever come close to denying the first part. Instead, he railed against this strawman argument you reference in the second sentence. Jimbo somehow comes out of this looking worse.

Even the rant’s direct tone of Saban is a cheater looks bad. You coaches with him for 4 years and never mentioned any of this. Sure, Saban cheats but you’ve essentially just said you did too, but not any more.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

And Deion, another saintly person (this really is bringing out the slimiest of them all to attack each other), goes straight to the race baiting approch:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
SEC is waiting and watching in the bushes for BN to cross a line so they can pounce and make an example using UF.

Last edited:

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It's not going to be fair until there is either caps are put on what can be given or recruits can't be contacted about potential NIL deals until they sign.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Of course Fisher bought every player. I don’t think that was ever even in question. Look at the kids reclassifying to join the ‘22 class(uga had one this week as well). That’s a direct, “you may not be able to get this deal next year” recruiting pitch, as there are discussions taking place about reigning things in.

The problem is that Alabama, like most, kept things quiet and were creative. Most schools bend the rules. They just went further. But as I’ve said since the initial ruling, schools like Alabama aren’t in the same position in a level playing field. They don’t have A&M type money(no one does) and Saban knows it. If this isn’t checked, he will absolutely lose whatever grip he still has on things. This was always going to be a bad thing for the Tide.

USC might have the $$$

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
In my book it’s two scumbags slobbering all over each other
Sagan’s about to bust an aneurism cause somebody has more money than him
He’s being the proverbial kid jumping up and down throwing his sucker in the dirt
And what can you say about DumBo the slime drips off him worst than a Nickelodeon viedo

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Saban is pissed because he knows Alabama will never hang with TX, CA, FL when it comes to $$$.

And then there is Nike in OR.

States like MS, AL, TN will lose out.

Heck even AR has Tyson, Walmart, and Hunt.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
USC might have the $$$

They may be close. But it’s a combination of money—which I still think A&M leads—and commitment to winning. The whole NIL thing was a dream come true for the Aggies. If nothing else, they have to keep pace with a wealthy rival. The Trojans don’t need to do that.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
First off, I said this NIL is the worst thing to ever happen to college football. Secondly, Jimbo isnt worried about anyone finding any wrongdoing because Saban taught him how to keep everything under wraps. They are both scumbags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator