Norvell working on extension at Memphis

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
And?

I didn't really think it was that complicated. Strong quite likely could be who we end up settling for. Pumpers will be selling it as the right guy and who we should have targeted in the first place.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
If Frost didn’t work out at UF he would still be coveted at Nebraska. If he didn’t work out at Nebraska, nowhere to go.

That's our opinion, but looking at our dumpster fire from the outside while hearing the clarion call of his alma mater will lead him to Nebraska.

Frost is not coming here.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder if Arizona State will go after Norvell since he was the OC that made them good.

Its possible but I think he would come here over them if we offered him the job. It does look like Graham is probably finished there.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
And?

I didn't really think it was that complicated. Strong quite likely could be who we end up settling for. Pumpers will be selling it as the right guy and who we should have targeted in the first place.

Hindsight is 20/20 ... but when you say it from the get go I guess that makes them right ... and you just wrong and angry? However, if you don't swing for the fences you never hit a home run. So there is that.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This guy makes way too much sense for us to ignore.

Gator-Don

The Master of Sparks and Fire
Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2016

I don't think Memphis could come near Norvel's value. They have never had a top tier coach except for basketball and the two they had was Calipari who wrecked their program and left for Kentucky, and Gene Bartow who took them to the NCAA championship, but quit for UAB (of all places back then) because of the embarrassingly cheap raise offered after taking them to such a height.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Hindsight is 20/20 ... but when you say it from the get go I guess that makes them right ... and you just wrong and angry? However, if you don't swing for the fences you never hit a home run. So there is that.
You are clearly confused and just tossing out cliches and random thoughts that have nothing to do with my posts, "hindsight is 20/20", "them right", "wrong and angry", "swing for the fences", "never hit a home run"?

My only point is there's a good chance we will miss on our primary targets and could end up with Strong. When we do I am predicting (future event, not hindsight) there will be a large contingent that will sell it as the best fit and who we should have gone after in the first place, how we are lucky the other guys turned us down, etc, etc, rather than just admitting the the fact that it was someone we were forced to settle for and hope for the best going forward.

It really wasn't an earth shattering take, just an observation of how the board typically works over the years (not the 3 weeks you've been posting). I hope I'm wrong and we end up with Frost. That's the only "home run" still on the board in my opinion.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
You are clearly confused and just tossing out cliches and random thoughts that have nothing to do with my posts, "hindsight is 20/20", "them right", "wrong and angry", "swing for the fences", "never hit a home run"?

Lol ... just because you didn't understand what I wrote doesn't make it cliche and random. It just means you just don't understand, I didn't communicate it very well or both. The funny thing is ... I pretty much agreed with you in the first place but you mistook which part of my words you quoted were directed at you and which parts were directed at others.

But the following is a funny statement if you really think about it. The 'rather' in there makes it sound like they are different sides of the argument but in reality they are supporting each other. That is the part my original statement that you felt the need to call cliche and random addresses. You make absolutely no point below since one proves the other.

My only point is there's a good chance we will miss on our primary targets and could end up with Strong. When we do I am predicting (future event, not hindsight) there will be a large contingent that will sell it as the best fit and who we should have gone after in the first place, how we are lucky the other guys turned us down, etc, etc, rather than just admitting the the fact that it was someone we were forced to settle for and hope for the best going forward.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Lol ... just because you didn't understand what I wrote doesn't make it cliche and random. It just means you just don't understand, I didn't communicate it very well or both. The funny thing is ... I pretty much agreed with you in the first place but you mistook which part of my words you quoted were directed at you and which parts were directed at others.

But the following is a funny statement if you really think about it. The 'rather' in there makes it sound like they are different sides of the argument but in reality they are supporting each other. That is the part my original statement that you felt the need to call cliche and random addresses. You make absolutely no point below since one proves the other.
Okay, well I’m giving you a like because I think we are mostly agreeing. All I know for sure is if we sign Frost all the negativity is pretty much instantly gone and we roll into signing period with positive momentum. Otherwise all bets are off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator