Not another uniform thread!? It is.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Right at the start of the game Saturday, you're gonna notice something really weird. This is an even numbered year, so we are the designated away team. We should be wearing white jerseys, and, as the designated away team, we will be sitting in the sun for the first 3 quarters (until it gets dark).

But white is not what we'll be wearing. Months ago, back in March, Foley thought it would be a neat idea if we went back to the unis of Spurrier's time as a player - the 60s, when BOTH teams wore their colors. Foley approached UGA's AD McGarrity (and Foley's former subordinate) about it. He liked the idea as well. So . . . they'll be wearing red shirts and we'll be wearing blue.

And, given when Foley approached McGarrity (btw, they had to get SEC approval for this), it doesn't appear as if it's any kind of "gimmick" to "pump up" our players, like UGA did back in 2009, when they came out in black helmets and black pants, and still got wiped out by Tim in his last year.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lol I posted that they'd be doing that months ago and you told me no way would they ever do it.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only uniform thread I want to read has cheerleaders in it.
florida-gator-cheerleaders-500-35.jpg

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I told you that there's no way they'd ever do it? I don't remember, but I guess I did. And if I did, I stand corrected.

I do wonder if this is going to become the norm, or it's just a one-time thing? I bet a lot of folks tuning in on TV, or even those at the game, (I'm going to be at the game) who have no idea are gonna be somewhat taken aback at it.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n93619 said:
I told you that there's no way they'd ever do it? I don't remember, but I guess I did. And if I did, I stand corrected.

I do wonder if this is going to become the norm, or it's just a one-time thing? I bet a lot of folks tuning in on TV, or even those at the game, (I'm going to be at the game) who have no idea are gonna be somewhat taken aback at it.

I'll double check :)

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n93620 said:
I'll double check :)
SavannahGator commented
[COLOR=#366092 !important]08-27-2014, 11:39 AM[/COLOR]

Really? That hasn't happened since before I was in school at UF, and since I graduated in 1977, that's going back aways, like back into the 1960s. I'd be shocked to see this happen - this year, as in all even numbered years, we're the designated away team. We will wear white shirts.

Ok, you didn't say it'd never happen, just that you kinda doubted it. My bad.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n93605 said:
Right at the start of the game Saturday, you're gonna notice something really weird. This is an even numbered year, so we are the designated away team. We should be wearing white jerseys, and, as the designated away team, we will be sitting in the sun for the first 3 quarters (until it gets dark).

But white is not what we'll be wearing. Months ago, back in March, Foley thought it would be a neat idea if we went back to the unis of Spurrier's time as a player - the 60s, when BOTH teams wore their colors. Foley approached UGA's AD McGarrity (and Foley's former subordinate) about it. He liked the idea as well. So . . . they'll be wearing red shirts and we'll be wearing blue.

And, given when Foley approached McGarrity (btw, they had to get SEC approval for this), it doesn't appear as if it's any kind of "gimmick" to "pump up" our players, like UGA did back in 2009, when they came out in black helmets and black pants, and still got wiped out by Tim in his last year.

Maybe Foley's trying to send him a message.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I wish we would go back to the blue jerseys and orange pants... those were the glory days, awesome unis, awesome team, awesome coach!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The high will be in the 60's, so the dark uniforms shouldn't wear our guys out. May actually help.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think I'm going to freakin love these outfits!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why not? I like the idea.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n93806]Why not? I like the idea. [/QUOTE]
I like your ideas man

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This was strategically done to ensure our team knows we are the Blue team and they are the red team. It helps with passing play and blocking assignments.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n93864 said:
This was strategically done to ensure our team knows we are the Blue team and they are the red team. It helps with passing play and blocking assignments.

:(

:rimshot:

:(

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It will be interesting to see. Remember all those old clips from the past when they wore the dark jerseys. Could be the SEC refs need help making sure they drop the flag on the blue team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator