O' Sullivan to USC?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The pressure is mostly on LSU with win or go home. We need to keep it that way and watch them crack toward the end.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Well I mean it's what everyone on this board keeps sayin :dunno:
Yes, and I would agree generally but not necessarily with the baseball team. Our attendance is poor compared with many others in the SEC, especially considering the success. I think our baseball facilities are good enough, actually. On the other hand, the girls could use more room and they will probably outdraw the boys.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Yes, the buildings will stay but all the green houses and most of the trees will be gone.
It's a large piece of land plus the student garden behind it would be parking and tailgating.
The existing buildings will be accessed from the road behind the lacrosse complex.
Interesting. I have a hunch this may not go over well with faculty. My lab in grad school was right down IFAS research drive.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Old news Chief, the cost of the renovation was 40 mil. they estimate an all new facility at 50 mil. my guess is probably 70 million and it's going in the grove. I know guys that work there and they have been given 18 months before ground breaking will begin if funding comes thru.
Nothing will be announced until funding and naming rights are all in order.

Interesting inside information. If those renovations are 40M a new stadium will be 80 to 100 million. Not what I would do at all, not to mention the disruption in clearing out facilities that probably are being used.

Time will tell, hopefully not that long since I understand the SEC network requires some upgrades to the media facilities and the player area is also out of date.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Old news Chief, the cost of the renovation was 40 mil. they estimate an all new facility at 50 mil. my guess is probably 70 million and it's going in the grove. I know guys that work there and they have been given 18 months before ground breaking will begin if funding comes thru.
Nothing will be announced until funding and naming rights are all in order.

I'm a little lost...so, to clarify: no renovation to the old/current stadium, and they are building a brand new stadium near the softball stadium?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a little lost...so, to clarify: no renovation to the old/current stadium, and they are building a brand new stadium near the softball stadium?

Yes, if they raise about $70 mil

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Anybody still think he is leaving??? His children appear to have a great relationship with several players to boot.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Rumors and a report from 104.5 (ESPN Radio) that Sully to USC is all but a done deal anyone hear any of these rumors. Doesn't make sense with his buyout and current contract.
The only USC he should ever consider is in LA and he shouldn't even leave for that. He has it going good with the Gators.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Money is like Gravity, it always wins!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Faculty are very upset and I'm sure they are trying to stop it but, it looks like they have no chance.

And when you say faculty, I assume you mean the self righteous, misinformed members of academia that worship the ground that they all walk on but only if they are walking on it. Correct?
Explain to me why I should care about what the faculty wants?

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Listening to Dooley's radio show.....

He asked Sully about the USC rumors. Sully answered, "I haven't talked to anybody. I haven't talked to anybody."

Dooley said that the rumors of UF actively pursuing building a new stadium are "completely false, unless I'm being lied to by everyone in the admin I've spoken to."

Don't shoot the messenger.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Listening to Dooley's radio show.....

He asked Sully about the USC rumors. Sully answered, "I haven't talked to anybody. I haven't talked to anybody."

Dooley said that the rumors of UF actively pursuing building a new stadium are "completely false, unless I'm being lied to by everyone in the admin I've spoken to."

Don't shoot the messenger.

Why would they not lie to Dooley.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
And when you say faculty, I assume you mean the self righteous, misinformed members of academia that worship the ground that they all walk on but only if they are walking on it. Correct?
Explain to me why I should care about what the faculty wants?

Not every faculty member has that self-righteous attitude. Plenty do (couldn't stand many of them at UF), but I know down-to-earth professors at UF who really care about students.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator