Off-season program - Phase 5

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@ZachAbolverdi: #Gators coach Billy Napier meets with the media Friday to discuss the start of Phase 2: 'Identity'

Napier says it's one of his favorite times of his year-round plan.

“It's probably the most difficult and challenging thing we do the entire year.”

STORY: Phase 2 of Billy Napier's plan will be 'most difficult thing' Gators do all year

Not only is Napier dressed like a boss here, it looks like he’s mockingly pointing to Dan Mullen’s unhemmed pants and sneakers.

Well done, BN.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
That sounds all "touchy feely".

Hey, when is the NIL fundraising phase?
Nobody is serious about anything unless they have an Annual Training Plan.

Id venture to say NIL fundraising is a year round phase but the players have the biggest part in it by performing on the field.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
That sounds all "touchy feely".

Look up Pippa Grange and Richmond Football Club in the Australian Football League. Those dudes are bat-schit crazy, and they used "touchy feely" stuff. They go to battle for each other and they just keep winning.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Nobody is serious about anything unless they have an Annual Training Plan.

Id venture to say NIL fundraising is a year round phase but the players have the biggest part in it by performing on the field.

This. I get the feeling that some players think it's a free for all and that err'body get'n a paycheck scrate outta highschool. They don't understand that a company may want to endorse you because of the effort you exhibit on the field/classroom/community and/or the talent you possess vs your peers on the field.

Sadly, I also think I don't get it because of the above para when NIL is now simply an avenue to pay bratty kids simply based on their star rating. :(

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
This. I get the feeling that some players think it's a free for all and that err'body get'n a paycheck scrate outta highschool. They don't understand that a company may want to endorse you because of the effort you exhibit on the field/classroom/community and/or the talent you possess vs your peers on the field.

Sadly, I also think I don't get it because of the above para when NIL is now simply an avenue to pay bratty kids simply based on their star rating. :(
It will be interesting to see down the road how it plays out with big bucks promised to 4 & 5 *’s who end up being busts. Will they keep promising to pay for 3-4 years and just write off the busts, or will some start going year to year? What will be the impact on a guy who was a 2 or 3* coming out of HS, but blows up in college? I suspect if he’s not getting big bucks and quickly, it will be straight to the portal.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I also wonder what will happen to those teams with too many 5 stars that can't get on the field enough to suit them. I'm guessing the portal will be even more active soon.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I also wonder what will happen to those teams with too many 5 stars that can't get on the field enough to suit them. I'm guessing the portal will be even more active soon.

Some may feel like this is a loser's mentality but I completely agree that with NIL there is such a thing as having too many 5* kids at the same position and in the same class. Hell, even having them in two different classes would be problematic as most 5* kids outta HS believe they're ready to start on day one and are willing to use the portal if they don't start.

I hate NIL.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Identity.? Know thyself.?

---------- Psychological-bent ---------

It seems to me from psychiatry
one could only get misdirection,
since their whole view
what they chew and spew
comes from outlook by introspection.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019

Hey, Jabari---yeah, you didn’t know we wuz comin. How ya doin, pal? Listen, you ain’t doin so good on the field, see. We’re here to ‘discuss’ your performance.
upload_2022-2-11_8-58-55.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.