Gator Basketball ***Official Basketball Game Thread: Gators @ #22 Ole Miss***

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Wednesday 1/10 at 9pm on SECN

Matchup predictor has UF at 44.2% chance to win, the only odds I can see refelct us by 1.

Personally, I hope this UK loss stings and the boys come out pissed off, ready to put a smackdown on Ole Miss.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t take you long to fall off the Golden wagon.
I haven't fallen off. I still like him, but like the team, it's time he figures out how to get over the hump. They are close, but this ain't horseshoes or hand grenades.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
UK is loaded. We played them toe to toe. One shot difference. Basketball is a bcchhh sometimes. FTs certainly can win games like this. This close to UK his 2nd year is a good sign to me. He doesnt have the experience that Cal has putting a NEW team together each year. I HATE this portal shttt..............but I do like the team he has now even if its just for one damned year................then new guards again. Hope these young fellas stay. I think they will.................

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UK is loaded. We played them toe to toe. One shot difference. Basketball is a bcchhh sometimes. FTs certainly can win games like this. This close to UK his 2nd year is a good sign to me. He doesnt have the experience that Cal has putting a NEW team together each year. I HATE this portal shttt..............but I do like the team he has now even if its just for one damned year................then new guards again. Hope these young fellas stay. I think they will.................

Yes, UK is absolutely loaded with talent but most of it was playing in their first road game ever against what is also a very talented team made up of primarily veteran players playing at home.

This team has to win games like that one and they didn’t get it done. The close score is virtually meaningless.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Let's hope the UK loss doesn't linger because it appears Chris Beard has quickly built a quality team.

Another loss and the rest of the season could quickly become an uphill battle. The SEC is really loaded this year and other than the pending matchup vs TN there are some winnable games against ARK, Mizzou, Miss St, UGAly before facing UK again.

Looks like we have a losing record in Oxford.

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let's hope the UK loss doesn't linger becaused it appears Chris Beard has quickly built a quality team.

Another loss and the rest of the season can quickly become an uphill battle. The SEC is really loaded this year and other than the pending matchup vs TN there are some winnable games against ARK, Mizzou, Miss St, UGAly before facing UK again.

We had a losing record against everyone in basketball until Donovan arrived. We may still have a losing record against nearly everyone.
Other than a 2-3 year run in the sixties, UF has always sucked at basketball.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Let's hope the UK loss doesn't linger because it appears Chris Beard has quickly built a quality team.

Another loss and the rest of the season could quickly become an uphill battle. The SEC is really loaded this year and other than the pending matchup vs TN there are some winnable games against ARK, Mizzou, Miss St, UGAly before facing UK again.

Who was that jackass they used to have?

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Yes, UK is absolutely loaded with talent but most of it was playing in their first road game ever against what is also a very talented team made up of primarily veteran players playing at home.

This team has to win games like that one and they didn’t get it done. The close score is virtually meaningless.
If you ain't first, you're last. Ricky Bobby

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We need to win. I'm still not happy we lost to UK.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We need to win. I'm still not happy we lost to UK.
We'll win bigly. So big, you'll be bored with this win. Tremendous win. Quite possibly, the best win I've ever seen.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
That's him. Douchebag
College Basketball Reaction GIF by SEC Network

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
That's him. Douchebag

Professional career[edit]​

After going undrafted in the 2014 NBA draft, Henderson landed a tryout in Italy that led to short contracts with Orsi Derthona Basket Tortona and OpenjobMetis Varese. After the Italian jobs dried up, Henderson's next stop was Qatar. On November 1, 2014, he signed with Al Rayyan Doha of the Qatari Basketball League.[9] A week later, he was a member of the 2014 Arab Club Championship team, where he earned MVP honors.[10] His stint with Al Rayyan lasted until January 2015, with his last game for the club coming on December 31. In nine league games for Al Rayyan, he averaged 17.1 points and 5.6 rebounds per game.[11]

In mid-February 2015, Henderson signed a $10,000 per month contract with Naft Al-Janoob of the Iraqi Division I Basketball League.[12]

On September 18, 2015, Henderson signed with the Sacramento Kings.[13] However, he was later waived by the Kings on October 15 after appearing in one preseason game.[14] On November 2, he was acquired by the Reno Bighorns of the NBA Development League as an affiliate player of the Kings.[15] On November 27, he was waived by Reno after averaging 6.8 points and 1.2 rebounds in four games.[16]

On October 25, 2016, Henderson signed with Pavia Basket in the Italian Serie C-Gold.[17]

Since April 2017 following his season in Italy, Henderson has not had a professional basketball contract and plays recreationally in Dallas, Texas.[18]

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator