Gator Basketball ***Official BBALL Game Thread*** Florida vs Michigan

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Kugel may need to hit the portal after this season.
Just relax, he’s still finding his role and his shot. He’s going to remain a key part of this team and help us win some big conference games starting with UK.

I love the fact that with virtually any team we line up against, when we look at their team we are thinking our guards are bigger than your guards, our bigs are bigger than your bigs, and our bench compared to yours? Get the Fuchs out of here.

We’re getting close to realizing our potential. Winning close games sure beats losing them. Now it’s time to start blowing some people out and making a statement.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
It shouldn't have left regulation. Just standing like a statue after an inbounds and allowing them to grab the ball and get a tie up was one of dumbest things I've ever seen.
bz4bie5cyaa85in.0.jpg

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Watching the game last night I kept expecting a loss given the terrible FT shooting and poor 3 PT FG defense.

The day after I'm appreciating the W and will focus on the fact that this group does have some good qualities.

We have quality depth at all positions. On any given night we have the following players capable of taking over the game. It could be Clayton, Pullin, Samuel, Richard or even Kugel. Kugle has some unbelievable talent but is forcing the issue and isn't allowing the game to flow through him. He needs the Christmas break.

When you mix in the other bigs (Handlogten, Condon & Haugh) this team is capable of making the NCAA tourney if they can play @ a .500 level during SEC play.

Last edited:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Prior to the Uf game the fam went to my sons JV (9th grader) basketball against a local rival that regularly beats our ass and has local cops for security (rough school). Down 13 in q4 we clawed back and my boy hit a 3pt shot at the end to win the game. Felt it was a good omen.

Listened to the UF game on radio as we had a 2h drive afterward. I appreciated the 2OT to help get thru the drive. Again we have Kugel struggling until benched late in the game, and Pullin doing the late game takeover.

Sounds like our depth is showing, radio indicated MICH starters all had 40+ minutes. Tje more you can spread the minutes around, the better your team is overall - starters still have gas in the tank, bench gets valuable experience for when needed later in season.

Nice to be the winner in these close games. Enough of a scare to drive improvement and focus, but still a confidence builder.

Fk Mike White.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Prior to the Uf game the fam went to my sons JV (9th grader) basketball against a local rival that regularly beats our ass and has local cops for security (rough school). Down 13 in q4 we clawed back and my boy hit a 3pt shot at the end to win the game. Felt it was a good omen.

Listened to the UF game on radio as we had a 2h drive afterward. I appreciated the 2OT to help get thru the drive. Again we have Kugel struggling until benched late in the game, and Pullin doing the late game takeover.

Sounds like our depth is showing, radio indicated MICH starters all had 40+ minutes. Tje more you can spread the minutes around, the better your team is overall - starters still have gas in the tank, bench gets valuable experience for when needed later in season.

Nice to be the winner in these close games. Enough of a scare to drive improvement and focus, but still a confidence builder.

Fk Mike White.
Sweet. Game-winning bucket from your son! I'll assume he gets his clutch talent from his mom and his sense of humor from his dad.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Just relax, he’s still finding his role and his shot. He’s going to remain a key part of this team and help us win some big conference games starting with UK.

I love the fact that with virtually any team we line up against, when we look at their team we are thinking our guards are bigger than your guards, our bigs are bigger than your bigs, and our bench compared to yours? Get the Fuchs out of here.

We’re getting close to realizing our potential. Winning close games sure beats losing them. Now it’s time to start blowing some people out and making a statement.
Kugel should have never cut his hair. It happened to Sampson, Kowacie Reeves and now Kugel.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014

Fk Mike White.

There was a point a minute or two into OT#2 when it suddenly seemed that Michigan was sluggish & we still had juice.

Great to have depth & quality. But most games hopefully don't get to two OTs so we can exploit our depth. We need to learn to close games out in 40 minutes.

A good win and some learning opportunities. I'll take it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't get to watch the game. After reading this thread I thought we lost lol. You guys are retarded

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
the game was definitely maddening to watch. we would outplay them consistently throughout each period, then go full retard the last 2 minutes of each and give them back the lead or tie. It was great to see a few big shots go in at the end of each period and to get the win, but we had no business going to OT with them. Clayton gave the win away when we were up by 3 with 18 seconds left AND the ball. We get a clean inbounds and he just stands there like a statue with the ball right out in front of him. I get that he just figured theyd foul him, but why would any defender foul you when they can walk right up to you, place their hands on the ball you are holding like a desert tray, and simply get a tie up. I mean the kid didnt even move his arms. Was just facepalm level stupid; and of course they get the ball and hit a 3 to send it to OT. They finally took control and maintained it to end 2OT so good to see. This was a good win against a decent team but more importantly it reveals areas they need to work on while still counting as a W. I like our play and intensity but our key players have to learn how to maintain their poise and confidence at the end of games if we are going to consistently win. And for god's sake, lock yourselves in the gym and shoot free throws until the nets tear. Good lord its painful watching this team shoot freebies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.