***Official Florida Football coaching hires 2017***

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Sorry, had to throw in Michigan since they were included on your list.

Michigan linebackers/special teams coach Chris Partridge was the head coach at Paramus Catholic High School. Prior to Paramus he was the defensive line coach at The Citadel and an assistant coach at Lafayette college.

So every team on your list has current coaches hired either from lower tier schools, high schools or even a coach with no coaching experience at all.

But but this is florida! Great coaches should come here to play for a coach everyone says will be fired next yr.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
And 14 years later he's at North Texas State. The guy may have great intangibles. But there is nothing impressive on that resume.

I get that you have made up your mind. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Honestly, neither of us really know how he will fare at Florida.

However, you honestly think the following isn't impressive?

Sacks allowed improved drastically under Davis - national rank sacks allowed:2009 95th, 2010 59th, 2011 8th, 2012 5th, 2013 NA
Rushing offense improved drastically under Davis - national rank rushing yards: 2009 94th, 2010 18th, 2011 8th, 2012 16th, 2013 3rd

Just looking at that impartially, it seems that it would be impressive to anyone.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why the eff didn't we bring the oline coach on before signing day?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Sacks allowed improved drastically under Davis - national rank sacks allowed:2009 95th, 2010 59th, 2011 8th, 2012 5th, 2013 NA
Rushing offense improved drastically under Davis - national rank rushing yards: 2009 94th, 2010 18th, 2011 8th, 2012 16th, 2013 3rd

Just looking at that impartially, it seems that it would be impressive to anyone.
I haven't made up my mind on Davis. I don't know why he was hired and it might turn out to be a great hire. But that resume damn sure ain't selling me. Pretty sure half the DII coaches in the country have the same resume. And no, stats at Portland fckin State don't impress me.
Sell me on the guy, but not on that resume.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

That's a great resume for an assistant at North Texas, but it is far from impressive for an assistant at the University of Florida. Maybe he'll turn out to be a great coach and recruiter. I certainly hope so. But this isn't the type of hire that will instantly excite a fan base and recruits.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Corey Bell Bio
  • Raised in Miami
  • Bachelors in Criminal Justice South Carolina
  • Masters in Social Studies Nova Southeastern
  • Starting cornerback at South Carolina
  • Miami Edison High School (Dade County) head football coach 1997
  • Youngest head coach in Florida at 25 when hired by MEHS
  • Madison Edison made five straight state playoff appearances and won three straight district titles
  • 2003 #1 team in Miami-Dade County
  • While head coach at MEHS he had 84 division one signees including 6 All-Americans
  • 2003 Miami Dolphins High School Coach of the Year
  • Bell's 2003 MEHS class earned a #3 national rank for division one signees
  • Director of Football Operations University of Miami 2007
  • American Senior High School (Miami-Dade County) head coach 2011
  • ASHE won three straight district championships under Bell
  • Florida Atlantic University defensive backs coach 2015
  • 2015 FAU ranked 33rd in the nation in passes intercepted with 14
  • South Florida University defensive backs coach 2017

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So, those who opined that our next coaches were coming from FIU/FAU were right again. It's funny that someone said "this is exactly the type of coach the venter's wanted" when it's exactly the kind of geographic school coach that we said we didn't want.

His "USF Defensive backs coach 2017| is kind of funny. I guess it's technically true. He was there, what, 3 weeks?

BTW, I thought we couldn't hire a coach who was under contract? Weird.

Do I think he might be ok? Maybe? Is he a proven coach, no. Hell, he isn't even a proven lower division coach. Would Bammer or OSU hire guys like these? Of course not. Training wheels U.

Wash rince repeat.

It's too bad. I was trying to convince myself the Donkey Show had a chance. As always, one step forward, two steps back with this crew. Two more fvkking geographic school asst coaches and Nord and Nusschamp still dialing up their joke gameplans.

2018 can't come too fast.

Last edited:

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Would Bammer or OSU hire guys like these? Of course not. Training wheels U

Someone else asked earlier if Bama, FSU, LSU, Michigan etc would hire this type of coach.

I'll repost the results for you.

Brent Key is the current Alabama offensive line coach. Before Bama he worked for 11 years at Central Florida. That was his only previous coaching experience.

LSU OLB coach Dennis Johnson appears to have joined LSU with no coaching experience at all. The LSU job is his first.

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticl...DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=211191490&Q_SEASON=2017

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1580605

FSU's co-offensive coordinator and WR coach Lawrence Dawsey had 3 years experience all as an assistant coach at South Florida before joining FSU.

Chris Partridge was the head coach at Paramus Catholic High School prior to being hired at as the linebackers/special teams coach at Michigan. Prior to Paramus he was the defensive line coach at The Citadel and an assistant coach at Lafayette college.

Ohio State Wide Receivers Coach / Recruiting Coordinator Zech Smith has previously worked for one season at Marshall and one season at Temple as an assistant coach.

So in short, yes Alabama and Ohio State would hire this type of coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ohio State Wide Receivers Coach / Recruiting Coordinator Zech Smith has previously worked for one season at Marshall and one season at Temple as an assistant coach.
Zach Smith was OUR WR coach, before he went to Marshall, Temple, and OSU, dummazz.

Look, I wouldn't be so pissed if it was only one guy, but half our fvkking coaches are geographic school shyt and it shows.

Good night.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Zach Smith was OUR WR coach, before he went to Marshall, Temple, and OSU, dummazz.

Look, I wouldn't be so pissed if it was only one guy, but half our fvkking coaches are geographic school shyt and it shows.

Good night.

Zech Smith was a graduate assistant at UF and not a position coach dummazz.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Well, well, well...true colors starting to come out. Yes Zach was a GA that specialized at WR before he left. There's always been a weird tone to your posts. They lack the regular passion of a fan. You come across as a propaganda guy vs fanatic. You are usually very careful in your words and posts. The above post is not normal for you. Wondering what gives?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He served as the coach when
Yeah, I guess I meant Zach Azzinni. Zach Smith was that grandson of Earl Bruce.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014

Nice find...I think he's going to be a good one for us!

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
He's a brotha so he is automatically a better recruiter than Summers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.