***Official Florida Football coaching hires 2017***

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
5. Mac wants to lock down south Florida. The question is, are there to many hands in the cookie jar? He has a bunch of coaches whose only ties are to that part of the state and nowhere else. Is that good or bad? Spivey thought it a huge mistake. De La Torre didn't.

I don't think any of the hires are impressive. But I don't think they are a drop off either. The OL has been the 2nd most unimpressive position group on the team (behind QBs) the last 7 years, we needed a change there. I like hearing that Davis is a 'in your face' type of coach. They need a kick in the ass. Now that we have depth I hope they will be less hesitant to replace under-performers.

I like that we're having more of a presence in south Florida. However, we need to get it together in other areas. We didn't sign one kid from Georgia or Jacksonville. Only 3 kids from Jacksonville since McElwain took over (and one was Kalif Jackson, a reach). Those two areas alone should be further addressed in recruiting. I don't think you really need to have ties to an area to be successful recruiting, especially in the state of Florida. When UF walks into a HS they should be excited, "Hey, Florida is here to see you!!" And if we're going to lock down a part of the state, we need to be pulling the 4-star kids, not the 2-stars.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@MistaAlderman: Lot of lineman that I have spoken with already left Gainesville impressed with coach Davis today

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@NickdelaTorreGC: Everyone I spoke to after junior day was impressed with @coachbraddavis. He's creating some buzz.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
@NickdelaTorreGC: Everyone I spoke to after junior day was impressed with @coachbraddavis. He's creating some buzz.

I liked the comments Fruhmorgen had to say about Davis. Very positive. Along w/ the podcast that said he's more of an "in your face" type of coach, it looks good. Hopefully the change in persona from a coaching standpoint will go a long way.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@NickdelaTorreGC: Spoke to staff and players. Rave reviews on @coachseider, @coachbraddavis and @CoachCBell26.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Like the excitement about Davis. Let's hope he's a beast on the refuting trail.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
For those that are interested, here is Brad Davis' o-line in action. I've watched his o-line at JMU as well. No complaints. The UF/NT game is on youtube as well, but that isn't a fair game to judge as they were way over matched.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
And here is Brad Davis talking about his recruiting philosophy. He's well spoken, passionate, intense. I'm impressed.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
And here is Brad Davis talking about his recruiting philosophy. He's well spoken, passionate, intense. I'm impressed.

All I know about this guy is what I just saw on that youtube video... and I really, really like what I saw and heard from him. He doesn't strike me as a guy who takes excuses and settles for less from his players. Hopefully, he will be exactly what we need on the field, and on the recruiting trail.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
All I know about this guy is what I just saw on that youtube video... and I really, really like what I saw and heard from him. He doesn't strike me as a guy who takes excuses and settles for less from his players. Hopefully, he will be exactly what we need on the field, and on the recruiting trail.

Yep. We need an OL coach who gets "in your face" w/ the players. They've obviously not had that and seem to just lollygag around...lollygag here....and lollygag there....they're a bunch of LOLLYGAGGER'S!!! Hopefully that comes to and end this season!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They lolligag from the practice facility, the lollygag on and off the field.

Ya know what that makes em?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
For some reason, at least for now, i couldn't get the above links to play. But, I do like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator