Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** #24 UF @ #18 USCe

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Terrible second half--poor turnovers and complete chit refereeing. Garbage performance from the refs, it was a total hack job.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A god damn foul. For once I would like to see a fight break out when the other team mocks the chomp. But too many pussies with no heart for that to happen

BeachGator

Mar 10, 2018
Lost count of how many times Clayton has lost the gd ball! He aint the great ball handler, he’s the shooter. Quit dribbling the f’ing ball in tight spots. Shoot Shoot Shoot. That’s what you do!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Golden has to figure out how to operate an offense against zone. It’s killing this team.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lost count of how many times Clayton has lost the gd ball! He aint the great ball handler, he’s the shooter. Quit dribbling the f’ing ball in tight spots. Shoot Shoot Shoot. That’s what you do!
Yes exactly correct! I must’ve said the same thing thirty fuxking times

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If a team wants to beat UF, they just need to play zone and be patient.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
A god damn foul. For once I would like to see a fight break out when the other team mocks the chomp. But too many pussies with no heart for that to happen
Preferably have the white boys at the end of the bench go all Aaron Hernandez on any Cock player mocking the chomp.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Not a good loss at all. A win would have shot us way up the rankings, like top 16 but now we will fall out of the top 25. Clayton played awful despite his 3’s keeping it from being a blowout. He wasn’t looking for his floater, midrange or layups today. Instead of shooting when he was inside the arc he made a bad pass or dribbled it right to a defender. Richards simply can’t shoot. He has his streaks of hitting 3’s but his “chuck it up as fast as I can in the direction of the hoop” is never going to be consistent. Kugel is still the 2024 version of himself, the definition of inconsistency. Pullin is the opposite of Kugel, Mr consistency but he’s not the leader he needs to be. I’d love to see him show some passion at the end of a close game. Call the guys together and get in their faces but it just isn’t his style. Something is still missing with this team and it shows up every game in the second half. I’m losing my faith that they are a second weekend team and need to be careful or could find themselves back on the bubble or worse if they fold to end the season.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Something is still missing with this team and it shows up every game in the second half. I’m losing my faith that they are a second weekend team and need to be careful or could find themselves back on the bubble or worse if they fold to end the season.
Coaching and development or a couple of really good players from being a rung higher?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Coaching and development or a couple of really good players from being a rung higher?
I think we have enough good players. Coaching seems pretty decent although you would think by now he would have them better prepared to handle zone. I think we are missing leadership. With 3 starter transfers all with so much experience, you would think one of them could become a passionate vocal leader.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Can’t give up 51 in the second half ever if you want to win. Defense sucks.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Refs were bad. Not horrible, not the difference in the game, but bad.

Opening up with dumb turnovers, and a string more of them in the under 4 to close out the game. That was the difference.

Kudos on Todd getting them focused after the early stumbles, had a good stretch where USCe may have gotten shots but they were bad ones that often didn't fall so we could clean up and go the other way. Need that kind of defence for the full 40 min, without the turnovers.

Interesting both teams were under 10 on offensive rebounds - both did a good job defensively on that area.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
First time I've watched the Gators play this year for a considerable amount of time and honestly I think one of the announcers said it best, that on a good day they can beat anyone but to make a deep run it's going to take that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator