Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida @ A&M

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is a good learning opportunity for golden. Never take your foot off their neck.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
We still had our chances at the end..Frickin Taylor played the last 6 minutes with 4 fouls. Should have gone after him every play..

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Gators lose by 1. Missed the first wide-open look, got the tip-out rebound...had a second wide-open look and missed that too.

Poor execution and a missed opportunity

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
5 straight Ls to an average A&M program, all by 3 points or less. They want to muck the game up and we say “Sure, why not?”

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who the hell are these Gators? Refs notwithstanding, we choked away some opportunities along with the slow-down O. SMH…again.

IMG_0319.jpeg

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I see why they only had 12 wins going into this game. Most of that team is dead weight. That was an awful loss considering other than one player, we had the advantage across the board.

I actually thought we were going to lose when they hit the 3 at the end of the first half. That was a game saving shot for a&m, even though the talking heads just ignored its significance since everyone assumed we were going to win. We honestly should have blown them out based on talent. Just when Golden gets me solidly back in his camp we lose one like this.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is a good learning opportunity for golden. Never take your foot off their neck.
Not like this is his first opportunity this season to learn this.

Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I see why they only had 12 wins going into this game. Most of that team is dead weight. That was an awful loss considering other than one player, we had the advantage across the board. I actually thought we were going to lose when they hit the 3 at the end of the first half. That was a game saving shot for a&m even though the talking heads just ignored its significance since everyone assumed we were going to win because we honestly should have blown them out based on talent.

I despise teams like TAMU and Miss St. Little talent, just play rock fights hoping to get more fouls called for them

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This group may slip up and get a nice W every once in a while, but we're never gonna see consistent competitiveness from them. Theres nobody on the team that has any killer instinct and that includes Todd. He's rivaling MW on games he's choked away by squatting on the ball and having the offense just stand still until 6 left on the clock near the end of the game.

I had high hopes for Todd and this team but they were misplaced. TG ain't it. He's a marginal improvement over MW. Nothing more.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I stopped watching, hoping that would inspire the boys to rebuild the lead they had when I tuned in before the half. Didn’t work.

Really frustrating to see Golden go full mike white in the 2nd half.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
5 straight Ls to an average A&M program, all by 3 points or less. They want to muck the game up and we say “Sure, why not?”
This is it in a nutshell. UF does not like being checked closely in the half court, especially on the road. Just look at how Tinerc ate them up by doing that and how a very average ATM team got back into the game.. But ATM gets about as much as they can from their guys who clearly are offensively challenged. Playing against KY who is athletic and good on offense but awful out on the floor defensively fits UF's style. Winning on the road is very difficult and you have to get the ones that are there to be had.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This group may slip up and get a nice W every once in a while, but we're never gonna see consistent competitiveness from them. Theres nobody on the team that has any killer instinct and that includes Todd. He's rivaling MW on games he's choked away by squatting on the ball and having the offense just stand still until 6 left on the clock near the end of the game.

I had high hopes for Todd and this team but they were misplaced. TG ain't it. He's a marginal improvement over MW. Nothing more.
I don’t know about that. We have some talent on this team and we have some guys that played balls out. It is really hard in sports to just turn it on and off. In football we see it with the prevent defense. And in basketball you see it when you slow down and stop trying to score. You just can’t turn scoring back on. You can’t just turn passion back on. Then players start to pressing and they start making mistakes and turning the ball over and missing shots.

For a coach who lives and dies by analytics, he seems to be missing this critical one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.