Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida @ A&M

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
They got Clayton out of his game and that lost it for us. Just one goes down in that time and we win and none of the negative shttt is being said. Fla was there and had it but shttt dont fall sometimes. Still like these boys............Refs did let them play physical but I dont think his foot was out late in the game and they called a phantom foul in the last 3 minutes.......
go gators..........goodnite.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Close game late, let’s see our boys hit some shots to win a big one!

Our boys:

Shooting Shoot Your Shot GIF

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
A few thoughts:

We had a solid lead in the first half - while they had their best shooter, Washington, on the bench with fouls. Knowing he'd be back on the floor, I was holding my breath on him closing the gap. Radford did very well for them filling that gap while Washington was sitting out.

We let off the gas in the second half, and let them play/bring their game at us. Most of our posessions turned into running out the shot clock and throwing a ball in the air randomly without a good look. Announcers made it sound like the defense wasn't letting us get open. Maybe, but maybe we just forgot what was working in the first half when we let up? I dunno much about basketball, maybe the other team did adjust on defense.

Additionally, Samuels was quiet most of the day, Kuegel had a few glimpses of wow and a whole lot of OH-NO, and
They got Clayton out of his game and that lost it for us.
The crowd with the Air-Ball chant really seemed to get to him. It appeared to rattle Zyon a bit as well, but he kept trying to play through it. Clayton just looked like he didn't want to be there anymore. If Clayton could have been his usual 3pt self, this game wouldn't have been in question. I'll cut him some slack, everyone has a bad game here and there, and the rest of the team should be good enough to pick up the slack. They didn't.

Bottom line, though....Golden is at fault. Never, ever, take your foot off their throat. We had things humming well in the first half and his cooling things down is what made it a dog fight, I put this on him. I do not hold out hope he learns from it.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm never invested enough to get too high or too low.

We are just an average team.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I'm never invested enough to get too high or too low.

We are just an average team.

This 1000%...in the Billy years, I didn't miss a second.....it could be JU in December, I was glued...O Dome was packed and one of the loudest places to play in the country.....flash forward to now I have watched maybe 4 games all year start to finish....it's just not the same....really sad how the program has fallen in 10 years

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gators lose by 1. Missed the first wide-open look, got the tip-out rebound...had a second wide-open look and missed that too.

Poor execution and a missed opportunity
Not to mention Riley dropping a simple pass with a dunk just in front of him. Can’t put this one on Todd. Some really bad turnovers cost us

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
They are just waiting for the season to be over so they can all go play in the NBA.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This 1000%...in the Billy years, I didn't miss a second.....it could be JU in December, I was glued...O Dome was packed and one of the loudest places to play in the country.....flash forward to now I have watched maybe 4 games all year start to finish....it's just not the same....really sad how the program has fallen in 10 years
We've been a bubble team or worse every year except one since Billy left. I'm in the same boat as you. I've watched maybe 2 or 3 games. I just don't care anymore. I'm not even mad. It's weird.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Lazy passes are game killers. Missing baskets is part of the game, but stupid take-aways don't let you have a chance to miss. All 6 of our losses (except maybe the vols) are the result of poor ball handling not missed baskets. That is concentration and believing your own headlines.

At t-am our FG percentage was better than theirs including 3 pt'rs and we had more assists. Steals leading to fouls from poor ball handling doomed the gators. t-am shot more FTs (24 to the Gators' 11) and made 63% of them over the Gators' 54%. That won the game for them.

At uk we played a whole game at 100% concentration and took care with the ball resulting in a major win; and any effort less than that will not work out well for the Gators.

I was hoping for a 20-win regular season, but that means means we need to win 5 of our next 9 games. With au, tide (2 games), uga, lsu and the cocks (assuming 2 vandy wins and a mizzou win), winning 5 of the 9 will be tough call. At least we have 5 home games remaining.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
That’s the worst team we’ve lost to this year by a wide margin. We have a lot of talent on this team, and pretty much everything you need to be a great team. Guard play with size, great assist to TO, depth and they can all score 20 plus any given game. Then we’re loaded at bigs and they all hustle and rebound. In other words, our talent is much better than our record. That leaves coaching as the only explanation. If Golden is going to work out he needs to figure it out now because he’s letting the players and fans down and he’s not going to be able to stack the roster every year if players see the best they can hope for by going to play for him is being on a team with top 25 talent but struggling to stay on the bubble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator