Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Ole Miss

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I get it if we have one guard who just isn’t a good shooter…but we have 3-4…how does that happen? How can you have 3-4 guys on basketball schollies who can’t shoot? It’s baffling

Don't forget, MW chased off a career 40% 3-pt shooter in Noah Locke. Guy was a great shooter and good Gator. Maybe not an all-American or final four caliber, but a better shooter than any of the yahoos currently on the roster.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Don't forget, MW chased off a career 40% 3-pt shooter in Noah Locke. Guy was a great shooter and good Gator. Maybe not an all-American or final four caliber, but a better shooter than any of the yahoos currently on the roster.

Great point….can we get Frazier back or Humphrey off the radio for an extra year of eligibility? Appleby is too streaky and chaotic, Jones can’t make anything, and I don’t think McKissic has even attempted a 3….

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I get it if we have one guard who just isn’t a good shooter…but we have 3-4…how does that happen? How can you have 3-4 guys on basketball schollies who can’t shoot? It’s baffling

It's how the practices are conducted - over & over. White is the orchestra conductor. He has put this team together. That's what we are seeing: White's usual orchestration - year after year, after year.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Maybe not an all-American or final four caliber, but a better shooter than any of the yahoos currently on the roster.

So your telling me a team of mid-major players who couldn’t get P5 offers and a guard from the lowest of P5 basketball (Pedo St) aren’t an elite SEC team when stuck together with painter’s tape and MW’ s dusty gym boogers?

upload_2022-1-24_23-36-49.gif

SwampChomp

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2017
Horrible shooting. 19-50 from the floor and 4-29 from deep. 4......just 4 3-pointers all game. Just wow! Appleby made 3 of those. Once again our Assist to TO ratio is 1:1. Hard to watch.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Who put this team-thing together.? He should be fired, already. UF's got nothing for a coach.
Make the next Florida coach someone who played power forward, so that he knows the essential need for the 60% FG shooters on the inside. And how to train those players to be relentless in drive pressure, putting the ball in the hoop. What's this bs-praise for White being such a good defensive coach when the bottom line is too many teams are outscoring us.! (cumulative losses)

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
So your telling me a team of mid-major players who couldn’t get P5 offers and a guard from the lowest of P5 basketball (Pedo St) aren’t an elite SEC team when stuck together with painter’s tape and MW’ s dusty gym boogers?

When MW mentioned the gym boogers in preseason, I really thought we had a chance to be special.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Locke the leading scorer on a 11-9 Louisville team. He is shooting 36.7% from 3 point range and shooting 35.4% overall and 66.7% FT shooting so he isn't exactly lighting it up as he went from one fledgling program to another. He has a couple of 20 point games but also a couple of games that he scored 0 points so typical Locke and his defense still a non factor as Louisville has been blown out multiple games.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
EASY to see this loss coming with Ole Miss having lost 4 games in a row and very HUNGRY for a win over a Gators team that has been HORRIBLE shooting the game as usual. No surprise whatsoever about this blow out loss to a 9-9 team.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was only able to see the second half but I turned it off once it became clear that this was another blind shooting night.
There’s nothing quite like watching a poor shooting team that believes they are sharp shooters with no conscience taking 30 3 point shots.

CMW actually gets paid for this.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looking at our schedule at the rest of the season, what do you see? We are going to get SMOKED the rest of the season. MW's time is running VERY short as we will end up with a losing record. I said before the UGA game that Mullen looked to be a lame duck and you can see the same thing happening with MW too. Here is the schedule:
@Tenn - LOSS - Blowout
vs Okie St - Toss up
@Mizzou - LOSS - Blowout
vs Ole Miss - LOSS
vs UGA - Toss up
@UK - LOSS - Blowout
@TAM - LOSS - Blowout
vs Auburn - LOSS - Blowout
vs Ark - LOSS
@UGA - LOSS
@Vandy - LOSS
vs UK - LOSS - Blowout

so maybe a 2-10 finish to put us at 14-17 and 4-14 in the SEC and with that many blowout losses and losses in a row to finish the season, MW is DEAD MEAT and GONE just like Mullen was. MANY said that no way, no how Mullen would get fired and in fact he was and it had been well decided before the UGA game. Same thing with MW here as we look to the future and a basketball coaching search. DONE DEAL baby!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure who we could get cause our AD doesn't want to win just like in football. It was said that Strick wouldn't hire anyone who would be given free reign to hire a massive staff for football so we will probably go cheap again on the MW level type coach. All signs were pointing to Strick firing Mullen midseason and he did it. Looks like MW is definitely on the chopping block and will be let go by season end as expected with a very rough finish to the season record wise.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The question that needs answering is why are other SEC schools getting better players than UF.? such that they beat us consistently.?
By all means, Mike White is a useless coach; been so for years. White cannot coach, cannot develop, cannot attract meaningful players.
Whoever replaces him will only be a better teaching practicing coach. Will he be capable of attracting good players.?
One example, for at least 4 years now FSU has had 2 7 footers around the basket.?? We were lucky 6'10" Castleton wanted to be a Gator. Castleton's effectiveness has nothing to do with "coached" teamwork.?? Frustratingly, nothing to ever look forward to = zero growth, zero development. Just years of fruitless waiting, waiting. Wait no more = get rid of White, now.!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.